6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Ask your intake questions here!

Old 07-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infared56758 will become famous soon enough
Re: please help!!!! 1999 civic hx

yo check the map senors wire make sure they are good. I had a similar problem and the wires. somehow got worn out. just a thought for ya
Old 09-22-2011
Registered!!

tanner2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ask your intake questions here!

hi i have a 97 civic 1.6 lsi..can any1 help me my civic wont start the check engine light is on..ive changed the distributer and got the immobiliser bypassed on the ecu and it still wont start..it just wont fire up it turns over n all!! can any1 give me answers please???????
Old 01-20-2012
Registered!!

nathanmi is an unknown quantity at this point

New here to the forum and don't know how to post a new thread. Anyway my son bought a 02 civic si hatch the check engine light is on and it is the code for throttle position sensor. From what I found is you can't buy just the sensor and have to buy the entire intake. Is this correct and if so where can I buy one. Thanks
Old 03-07-2012
Registered!!

hawkijustin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Teh turbo muffler!
Kind of wondering if you really know what that is and does or your just joking?

Its a safer and easier way to turbo your car. No need for a intercooler because of the distance of the piping. All you really need is the turbo, oil lines and piping back to the intake. oh and gauges as well. You run anywhere from 3-6lbs of boost.

Its a more common setup than you might think.
Old 03-22-2012
Registered!!

Turbo-CIV is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there im new to the forums and have been looking for cars to buy. I went to see a 96 honda civic turbo today and it was very sleek and nice. They had an engine swap with only 3000kms on both tranny and engine. Done in a professional shop, Very clean and ran great. I just would like some feed back on the car! Thanks!

http://www.usedregina.com/classified...hatch_16896450
Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

patriotfan11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 97 civic ex 4d and im looking for a short ram intake. I was wondering the difference between K&N and Aem. Also could someone put a link to a place i can buy ones thatll fit my car?
Old 04-02-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

They're both a metal pipe with a filter on the end, the only difference is the sticker.
Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

patriotfan11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MindBomber
They're both a metal pipe with a filter on the end, the only difference is the sticker.
Alrighty then. My next question is cold air or short ram? Short ram seem to be cheaper and easy to install. Me being a novice I think id rather go easy and cheap.

Wheres the best place to order these.
Old 04-11-2012
Registered!!

cona is an unknown quantity at this point

Where should i look to buy a 2000 honda civic Si

i live in LA
Old 04-11-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by patriotfan11
Alrighty then. My next question is cold air or short ram? Short ram seem to be cheaper and easy to install. Me being a novice I think id rather go easy and cheap.

Wheres the best place to order these.
Although everyone will tell you a CAI makes more power, it won't.

The pipe is more restrictive due to the length and bends. The time the air spends sitting in the hot metal pipe increases it's temperature, not good. It also has that added benefit of hydrolocking risk.

Thmotorsports is a good company to order from.

Originally Posted by cona
Where should i look to buy a 2000 honda civic Si

i live in LA
Craigslist or Honda-Tech classifieds.
Old 04-11-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

LA lol? they are prolly all stolen by now. and if you find one that isnt, it will be stolen when you buy it.
Old 05-20-2012
Registered!!

HCMCVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats a safe psi to clean an CAI filter and would it be a good idea to install a heat shield around it and run tubing from under the front bumper but not connected just supplying colder air.
~~~~~~

From iPad2
Old 05-20-2012
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

do not use compressed air to clean a filter. heat shield is useless around the filter. instead get a mesh type upper grill to allow more airflow from the outside to the filter.
Old 06-14-2012
Registered!!

Esho is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Civic-In...old+air+intake

should i get this one off amazon? lol not trolling! but seriously i heard they're all basically the same would this go well with a civic hx 2000?
Old 06-21-2012
Registered!!

Tiznonay is an unknown quantity at this point

^ Im also lookin for an intake for an HX. I read on another site that cuz our engines run lean, that its actually better to get warmer air from a SRI, can anyone verify this? Maybe shed a lil more light on it?
Old 07-11-2012
Lord Sin

Lordsin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiznonay
^ Im also lookin for an intake for an HX. I read on another site that cuz our engines run lean, that its actually better to get warmer air from a SRI, can anyone verify this? Maybe shed a lil more light on it?
Short ram intake is better with out having to worry about the climate, warmer air is better for the engine and i quote weapon-R.
Old 07-11-2012
Lord Sin

Lordsin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Esho
http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Civic-In...old+air+intake

should i get this one off amazon? lol not trolling! but seriously i heard they're all basically the same would this go well with a civic hx 2000?
That's a good price compared to autozone etc.
Old 07-13-2012
Registered!!

chezare82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Ask your intake questions here!

My 97 eJ has a cheap intake from pep boys on it, a piece broke off and sucked into the engine, what should I do now. P
p.s. misfired cyl 2 and cyl 4 now
Old 07-13-2012
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

O_o how big of a piece....?
Old 07-13-2012
Registered!!

chezare82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably about an inch around but it may be broken upto smaller pieces
Old 08-05-2012
Registered!!

Demoncivic is an unknown quantity at this point

I just installed a 3 inch air filter kit on my 98 civic and it has obliterated my horsepower and sounds as if there isnt an air filter on it and like its getting too much air... What should I do? Im about to say to hell with it and remove it all together andand reinstall the factory filter box. I spent alot of money on this and hate for it to be a waste.
Old 08-05-2012
Premium Member

any pics? i have a 3 inch pipe too but it tapers off to half the size at the throttle body. a full 3 inch intake is way too big for a stock civic otherwise. this is my piece that fits over the throttle body.

Old 08-06-2012
Registered!!

Demoncivic is an unknown quantity at this point

3 inch down to 2 1/2 at throttle body no pic tho... Phone wont allow me to add pic...
Old 08-07-2012
Premium Member

that should be fine. usually from dynos ive seen, we are only talking a few hp when changing intakes. i doubt its something you could feel. some smaller tubes can increase airflow, but again there are so many factors to consider that its hard to blame the intake. outside air temp can affect engine operation much more than an intake.
Old 08-07-2012
Registered!!

Rejin267 is an unknown quantity at this point

so i'm looking to purchase a cold air intake but i'm told not to bother paying for an expensive logo and to just purchase a cheap ebay filter and buy a brand name filter, is this true? also i saw further down in this thread to not even bother with purchasing a CAI and to instead get a SRI, does this apply for all cars or just particular engines. i have a D17A2 in an 02' Civic Ex manual coupe
Old 08-08-2012
Premium Member

cai and sri doesnt matter, we are talking maybe 1-2 hp at most from either setup on a civic. get the sri and save your engine from water damage. and you want a good filter like aem dryflow, no ebay junk filters. the pipe doesnt matter much so long as it fits properly.
Old 08-24-2012
Registered!!

96_civic_dx is an unknown quantity at this point

i recently just bought a 96 civic dx, and i was wondering whats the best route for me to go with for an intake. short ram, cold air intake? and what brand should i look into?
Old 08-25-2012
Registered!!

awbyers9009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all !! I'm looking to do the whole intake, headers, exhaust package and was wondering if there's any good combinations of the three to get the best sound without spending too too much, or it falling apart. name brand preferred D16y8.
Old 10-07-2012
Registered!!

Emitor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by awbyers9009
Hey all !! I'm looking to do the whole intake, headers, exhaust package and was wondering if there's any good combinations of the three to get the best sound without spending too too much, or it falling apart. name brand preferred D16y8.
Don't waste your cash on DX sound. lol
Old 10-23-2012
Registered!!

dnice78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by awbyers9009
Little late, but if you are still lurking, a good combo is DC header can found used for cheap (E-bay or Craigslist) No name short ram intake with K&N or A.E.M. filter (just my preference) and a DC/Megan racing cat back exhaust (both under 400)

Just don't over-think it, these can be made yourself or spending big money on it... all depends on your abilities or wallet. With engines this small, these improvements are not going to be substantial, but are a great way to get familiar with modifying your vehicle.

Last edited by dnice78; 10-25-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ask your intake questions here!