6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
210italian is an unknown quantity at this point
Tires?

Well i currently have a set of yokohama avid trz's on my 97 ex but theyre about dead, so Im looking for a new set. anybody have a recommendation?
Something that provides a smooth ride but limits road noise?

Last edited by 210italian; 02-16-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tires?

check out tirerack.com reviews
Old 02-16-2010
Registered!!

ScottDR will become famous soon enough

Agreed, Tire Rack site rocks for reviews. It all depends on what's available in your wheel size (and your preferences of which you mentioned low road noise). They have a handy tool for selecting the tire that fits your own criteria.
Old 02-16-2010
Registered!!

Checked out the site and landed on Goodyear eagle gt tires, but they look like low pros. I've never had low pros anybody have some input?
Old 02-17-2010
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

What size tire are you looking for?? looking to do DD with them? I just picked up some yokoyhama s drive for 325 shipped to me after rebates. Really good deal from discounttiredirect.com
Old 02-17-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MidnightCivic
What size tire are you looking for?? looking to do DD with them? I just picked up some yokoyhama s drive for 325 shipped to me after rebates. Really good deal from discounttiredirect.com
195/55/15 all seasons, theres no snow or ice in texas so these tires were a pretty good choice for me, I found them at sears for 62 each so i think thats the rout to go, but i'll check out discounttiredirect.com to see if i can score a better deal
Old 02-18-2010
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

The thing that saved me money is setting up a credit card with them which i can care less since i pay right away. But with that it saved me 50$ mail in rebate(can do it online quick) and 40$ more from yoko(can do it online too). I checked out others at tirerack and onlinetires.com and could not find a better deal for the yoko. I'm in dallas and i was running Kuhmo Ecsta AST which are pretty good and last long too..we had some snow here in dallas and ice they handled ok.

Also like gearbox said, check out the reviews which i did and based my decision on that
Old 02-18-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

one thing you gotta be careful with the reviews is make sure to read the hi mileage ones, cause the people who post in the first 3-5k miles will not help you. the tire could turn out to be junk after that. also bear in mind most tires need a 1-2k mile breakin period otherwise you will not benefit from the full handling of the tire tread. drive slowly during the breakin, the tires will feel like they do not have as much traction as when they wear in a bit.