6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

New guy. Introductions suck.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ilikesnackpacks is an unknown quantity at this point
New guy. Introductions suck.

Hey! I'm new here. Just bought a 1999 SI last weekend. I absolutely love it, and plan on keeping it mostly stock, after the B16 turbo build and suspension. I am not a newb to Civic's my first car was a 91 DX Hatchback. I have since driven a variety of family cars including a 98 Taurus and most recently an 02 Maxima 6 speed. With the recent divorce (and me only being 24) I thought now was as good as ever to get back in the Honda scene (and I enjoy knowing that I get at least 8-10 miles a gallon more with my "sport" engine than that Mustang trying to race me) Anyways, without further adue here is a picture to loath over.

I am more than likely the only one drooling right now.
Old 08-08-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New guy. Introductions suck.

welcome, guard that thing with your life. its one of the most stolen cars in america and the most stolen civic.
Old 08-08-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
welcome, guard that thing with your life. its one of the most stolen cars in america and the most stolen civic.
That's what I've read, which is why an alarm is a number one priority for me at this point
Old 08-09-2009
Registered!!

bluetwo is an unknown quantity at this point

Great purchase nonetheless. I don't envy you because I could've had like 5 of those by now if I really wanted one but still, congrats and definitely keep a close eye on her.

Nice going keeping it stock too. I say if anything maybe upgrade to some Type R parts or other OEM mods. Have fun!
Old 08-09-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Great lookin' car!!! and Welcome!
Old 08-10-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bluetwo
Great purchase nonetheless. I don't envy you because I could've had like 5 of those by now if I really wanted one but still, congrats and definitely keep a close eye on her.

Nice going keeping it stock too. I say if anything maybe upgrade to some Type R parts or other OEM mods. Have fun!
Yeah, I've never really been a fan of over the top modification, at least when it comes to stylistically (no body kits, wild paint schemes, etc, etc.) The only thing it has now is an Injen CAI and DC Sports catback...I was contemplating taking the catback off and replacing with stock exhaust, but I can't get over how good it sounds when VTEC kicks in. I think it'll look really nice lowered, and I love the stock body lines. Honda did a great job with this car... the best thing about it is it has NO rust. None, nada, zilch. And it lived in Kansas City for most of its life???