6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

97 HX with strange electrical gremlin

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
z2400969 is an unknown quantity at this point
97 HX with strange electrical gremlin

I new to the forum and needed help. I was cleaning up my old alarm and stereo install, shortening wires where necessary and just making it looke better overall. I encounted a weird problem. After I finished I noticed my windows, mirrors climate control panel (AC/Heater and blower motor) strereo and cigarette lighter all lost power. I havent had time to check the fuses yet, but I find it hard to beleive that all would blow fuses at the same time. Is there maybe a ground associated with those circuits that may have come undone? It just baffles me. The car runs and starts fine, headlights, wipers and all systems necessary to drive the car work. I pulled the mirror switch and probed around with at volt meter and could not find power. I also probed around on the power window switch and couldnt find power. I will check fuses when I get off work. I just went out to my car and checked the fuses under the hood and all are fine. Help please.....
Old 03-28-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 97 HX with strange electrical gremlin

its possible you forgot to reconnect a broken wire when you were pulling tapped alarm wires off? or maybe one broke when you were pulling. its really hard to say cause i dont know what you did exactly. it does sound like a ground issue tho. try to run a separate ground for the stereo and see if it comes on. that will tell you if its a ground or power problem.
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ScottDR will become famous soon enough
Re: 97 HX with strange electrical gremlin

Yes, try the above ground on stereo. But before that I'd check your fuses inside the car (drivers side under dash).