6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Just Bought a 97 Canadian EX....

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Just Bought a 97 Canadian EX....

Hi all I just purchased a 1997 civic EX Auto..

It runs very well..

I do have one question though...as it hits 80 KMPH and goes into overdrive it gives a kind of kick ..

Isnt this civic suppose to be smooth all through the shift band?????

It jerks when it goes into overdrive...

Abyone know why??????????????? or would have an idea....

I beleive the engine was changed could they have fooked something up...or maybe an ajustement is needed...

Thanks all

Viper
Old 06-09-2008

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Re: Just Bought a 97 Canadian EX....

Im guessing the owner before me put regular atf fluid...

ill be flushing the tranny this week..Honda told me that you drain it then fill it up with three liters ...run the car flush then put in another three liters then run it then flush again and refill......

thats the flush they do...

any comments????
Old 06-09-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah do that with real oem fluid. my friend put some stupid generic crap in there and his auto shifted hard, then we just changed it once with honda atf and its much smoother. add some LC20 that will help too.
Old 06-11-2008

Originally Posted by gearbox
yeah do that with real oem fluid. my friend put some stupid generic crap in there and his auto shifted hard, then we just changed it once with honda atf and its much smoother. add some LC20 that will help too.
LC20 ok ehhh do they have that in canada
Old 06-11-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

www.lubecontrol.com can buy online only.
Old 06-14-2008
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

I wold just put in Honda ATF and nothing else.