7th Generation Civic In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic. Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

This has been asked before?

Old 01-27-2019
Registered!!

elfred is an unknown quantity at this point
This has been asked before?

So I will do it myself by doing ISB tranny rebuild on my EL Acura Ď01, other project includes clutch kit replacement since I will be also dissecting inbetween gearbox & engine;

My question is do I need to replace my Rear main seal? Underneath the bay is dry and clean when I newbought it last December 2018, and it doesnít leak and only have 158 km only in odometer.

I am also tinkering about timing belt and water pump job too, but all stuff in that driver side are yet good working condition and no leaks, Do I need to do this replacement too?

I am just learning about this car a months ago, still gotta lot to learn here.

Sorry for this mundane question, I know this has beatin in the bush, I could researched but I am a busy super dad, but really appreciated if anyone could give me an advice that would be awesome!!!
Side note; Iíve just online purchased from RA a China made AC Delco timing belt kit but belt included is a GATES labeled ďmade in USA but receipt inventory. comin from China.

Old 01-28-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

mac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to all
Re: This has been asked before?

You don't have to. But it's cheap and easy to do while you have the transmission off.
Old 01-28-2019
Registered!!

thank you mac! ok
Old 02-05-2019
Registered!!

GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough

It's so easy to do while the trans is out plus the seal is cheap. So might as well do it. It's cheap insurance for later down the road.
Old 02-05-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GusBuz View Post
It's so easy to do while the trans is out plus the seal is cheap. So might as well do it. It's cheap insurance for later down the road.

Yeah you make sense I dont wanna go back especially if I am doin it alone.

so cheers!

Thank You!!!

some few update tineline photo...

So above photo after I've pulled my flywheel, this is what its look like, a bit of old few splattered oil and growing hive dusts on the rear main edges.

And below photo again after I have cleaned it looks clean though and no leak, but I will never know.

And bought OEM parts just for a peace of mind...

Old 02-06-2019
    pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by elfred View Post
    And bought OEM parts just for a peace of mind...
    Always the best thing to do. Sometimes itís hard because of the price difference but always better.