7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Reupholster headliner question..

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cnordt24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Reupholster headliner question..

I just picked up an 01 EX coupe and the fabric on the headliner is toast! I'm looking to see if anyone knows how much material I'll need to do the head liner, I've done this on my Fit so I'm comfortable with the process.. I just need the proper amount, thanks!!
Old 11-28-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Reupholster headliner question..

Promised myself next time, instead of fabric, I will use spray on bedliner for my headliner.

Maybe that’s just my Texas attitude.

Highly recommend you buy the right tools for a job, in this case sounds like you need a tape measure of at least 7 feet in length.
Old 11-28-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Take some measurements. There are companies that sell kits with enough material to do a headliner.
Old 11-28-2018
Registered!!

cnordt24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
Take some measurements. There are companies that sell kits with enough material to do a headliner.
I was trying to order the material now, car is at home.. but I guess I can wait till I get home to measure. Is that a GE8 Fit in your profile pic?
Old 11-28-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cnordt24
I was trying to order the material now, car is at home.. but I guess I can wait till I get home to measure. Is that a GE8 Fit in your profile pic?
Yes that was my GE8 Fit. Was totaled a few weeks ago thanks to a drunk driver running a red light :-/

It's in my signature.
Old 12-22-2018
Registered!!

BanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really nice

My girlfriend showed me how to sew on headliner fabric. She had done it to her parents' 98 saturn back in '07 or so, and it still doesn't droop at all. If you haven't done it yet, I highly recommend it!

You gotta buy a thick needle though, and we used some ultra heavy duty thread meant for sun exposure, because it was still cheap and why not!