7th Generation Civic In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic. Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

02 civic immobilizer removal?

Old 11-25-2018
Registered!!

Shavalavo is an unknown quantity at this point
02 civic immobilizer removal?

I'm having problems with my immobilizer and it's not in my budget to take it into the dealer right now. Is there a way to remove/disable the immobilizer so that I can drive it? the car is mechanically sound other than the immobilizer issue. I don't care about security, she has alot of miles and I just need something to get me to work til I can get a new car.

any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-25-2018
Registered!!

Slumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 02 civic immobilizer removal?

Just to note, this will also disable the computer from being able to shutdown the fuel pump in a crash which may result in killing everyone so use at your own risk.

The immobilizer controls power to the fuel pump relay behind the glove box.

Remove the fuel pump relay and jumper the appropriate 2 connectors in that socket.

Your green light will flash, but otherwise your driving.
Old 11-25-2018
Registered!!

Shavalavo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic View Post
Just to note, this will also disable the computer from being able to shutdown the fuel pump in a crash which may result in killing everyone so use at your own risk.

The immobilizer controls power to the fuel pump relay behind the glove box.

Remove the fuel pump relay and jumper the appropriate 2 connectors in that socket.

Your green light will flash, but otherwise your driving.
ah, thanks! doesnt the immobilizer disable spark as well?
Old 11-25-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Nope
Old 11-26-2018
Registered!!

NDNV is on a distinguished road

In case it is a problem with the key, try the other keys?
Old 01-18-2019
Registered!!

Bdparis03civic is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having same issue but mine has enabled the plugs and injectors also I need it fixed on budget someone broke in and cut all the wires so I had to wire up push button and toggle switch but still nothing they cut all the wires to the immobilizer and security trying to steal the car I need help someone please
Old 01-18-2019
Registered!!

Slumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of light

What your describing is a horrific event that has happened to your car.

You could easily spend hundreds (thousands) of dollars to a shop to try to find and repair all the damages, and still end up with a car that wonít run.

If this was my car,
I would find a similar model at a pick a part junkyard.
Verify it has a unmolested dash and wire harness.

Discuss with the junkyard manager what you intend to do and agree upon a price they will sell you the harnesses for in writing. (More than once I have had them backtrack and say ohhh you didnít say that part, itís twice as much)

Pull the existing dash and wire harness out of the current car paying special note to every tool I need to accomplish the job, and what unexpected things I broke trying to get it out.
Pack a lunch and head to the junkyard with the same set of tools.
Remove the dash and all the harnesses and extra bits broken at home.

Arrive back home, install harnesses and try to start car before putting dash back together.

Old 01-18-2019
Registered!!

I've read that you can decide saulder it from ecu but I need to know location of chip I could try it first if that doesn't work I don't have the money to replace right now but I will be forced to sell but really trying to avoid sense it's my dd
Old 01-18-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Whomever vandalized the car was certainly an amateur or a kid, not a professional thief IMO.

Got insurance?

I'd be fixing the wiring or replacing wiring as necessary
Old 01-18-2019
Registered!!

Just liability does cover that yeah I got most of it just don't know what all I need hooked up