7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

enabling seatbelt alarm 2005 civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zahurjan is an unknown quantity at this point
enabling seatbelt alarm 2005 civic

hi and plz help me .....i hav 2005 honda civic in which seatbelt reminder is off seat belt icon appears on dash but no chime ...plz help me how can i enable seatbelt chime in my honnda civic 2005 if possible plz send demonstrating photos...i shall be thankful
Old 08-28-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: enabling seatbelt alarm 2005 civic

I don't think there is one. You'd have to add it in "aftermarket." At least, I don't recall my 2002 having a seatbelt chime.

you can probably wire one in-line to the seatbelt light circuit
very simplistic circuit drawing
[+12vdc]-----[+seatbelt light-]------[+buzzer-]-----[ground]

one brand comes to mind with regards to buzzers: piezo. Did a quick search and found one that pulses for like..
$10.50 shipped on Amazon $10.50 shipped on Amazon
. It's a 3200Hz sound at 95dB, so it's kinda high pitched (
), but you can mount it literally anywhere you want.
Old 08-28-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

mine does not chime either
Old 08-28-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

In our cars (USA) The same beeper (chime) should be heard if you try to exit the car but forget to extinguish the headlights
I don't remember if it makes noise for a seat belt though. Seems everyone here says it does not.

Perform the gauge cluster self diagnostic routines and see if the beeper will sound during the test: gauge needles sweep, warning lights blink, beeper sounds, etc.
See the post in this link with a description: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4693306
NOTE: Your car in PK may not be the same as ours, this self-diag check may or may not work for you

NOTE:
If the MICU fails, the beeper usually no longer works as well as many other items suddenly no longer work (courtesy lights, at least one of the wiper functions, AC stops cooling, power locks/keyless, brake warning light on the dash stuck on, etc)
Do all of these items work correctly in your car?
Old 08-28-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

You can have my wife, she always chimes in if I don’t buckle up.

Seriously though, the light on the dash is not enough of a reminder to you that you forgot to buckle up?
Old 08-29-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough

i think it's odd that you WANT the buzzer while most people seek to hunt down and destroy it.

i'm a bit off, so if i were to add a seatbelt chime to the car, it would likely be something like this:

i would use an arduino uno, a velleman ka02 audio shield, and a small speaker from something lying around the house to make it play something custom. i used both when i built a 4yr old a "Marf" from the show robot n monster, and found them very easy to work with. the existing seat belt wiring would be perfect and simple to toggle on/off the sound with the Uno... if you like to nerd around anyways