7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

2003 Civic DX, Front Sway Bar Links P/N??

Old 08-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2G-Unit is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 Civic DX, Front Sway Bar Links P/N??

4AT, 4 door cvic DX sedan.
VIN: 2HGES164X3H921658
I can't find the part number for the front sway bar links (which my garage says need to be replaced).

On OEMAcuraParts.com the part numbers I've found, get an error saying they are not for my model/year civic.

What are the part number for these parts?
For my Acura, I normally order from Acurapartsforless.com because they are closer to me, near the border. I just couldn't find if they had a sister site for Honda products?? Any similar sites in the northeast with easy online ordering?

I think these might be the part#'s but OEMAcuraparts.com say's it not compatible.
51321-S5A-003 & 51320-S5A-003

Last edited by S2G-Unit; 08-02-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-02-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2003 Civic DX, Front Sway Bar Links P/N??

Right part number for 7thgen front end links, but as far as I know, the DX didn't come from the factory with a front sway bar (only the LX and up did). Has the mounting points for it, so if you bought the car used and your car, in fact, has a font sway bar, the previous owner probably installed one. That's likely why it says it's not compatible.
Old 08-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2G-Unit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Right part number for 7thgen front end links, but as far as I know, the DX didn't come from the factory with a front sway bar (only the LX and up did). Has the mounting points for it, so if you bought the car used and your car, in fact, has a font sway bar, the previous owner probably installed one. That's likely why it says it's not compatible.
Thanks,

It's been a 2 months since the car was at that garage. Any idea what he could have meant when he said "front sway bar links" need changing?
Old 08-02-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

If your endlinks are broken, then yeah, you should replace 'em. I'd also replace them if there's noticeable excessive play in them (grab the shaft and shake it like you're trying to wiggle it loose).
If the rubber boot is torn, maybe consider replacing them. Dirt and crap can make them wear out faster.
If the rubber boot shows signs of cracking or something, keep an eye on 'em.

Took this picture from google images. It's from a 2004 Subaru Impreza, but it gets the point across, and the 7thgen uses similar ones (if not the same ones. I don't remember)

Endlink on the right is clearly broken. Little ball joint came out of the main body of the endlink. I've also seen pictures of that bar on the main body snapped, but usually when people install beefier sway bars on stock endlinks.
With a broken end link, you may notice rattling/metal on metal sounds of the sway bar hitting crap. You'll also notice more body roll up front and some decreased understeer.