7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

03 Civic EX 2D Replacing Clutch; OEM or Stage 1?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kingvelka is an unknown quantity at this point
03 Civic EX 2D Replacing Clutch; OEM or Stage 1?

Hi, first of all sorry for the stupid noob question. I'm looking at these two clutch kits, and I'm not sure which I should use

OEM:
Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon

Stage 1 & lightweight flywheel:
Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon

My question is would the stage 1 clutch and lightweight flywheel have any benefit at all? The car is completely stock, just a basic daily driver, but my understanding with the lighter flywheel and stage 1 clutch is that it'll make the car rev faster/make it a bit more torque-y. I'm currently saving up for an actually fast car, but I just want to make this one a bit more fun to daily drive. Would the stage 1 clutch and lighter flywheel have any benefit at all, or am I just being stupid and wasting my money? The potential for boost is there, but it'd a D-series so it might not be worth the effort, but even if I don't add a turbo would the stage 1 add anything to the quickness/driving experience at all?

Again, sorry for the noob questions. The clutch is the first "big" mechanical thing I'm doing myself on my car.

Last edited by kingvelka; 06-30-2018 at 10:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: 03 Civic EX 2D Replacing Clutch; OEM or Stage 1?

pretty happy with standard exedy kit I put in, if your not turboed or closed course racing the other kit is just a waste.

Be sure to get the 12 point socket for the flywheel bolts, you can’t use a 6 point.

That rear main seal is going to leak on you one week after you put everything back together.. Consider replacing it when you have flywheel off.
Old 06-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kingvelka is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 03 Civic EX 2D Replacing Clutch; OEM or Stage 1?

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
pretty happy with standard exedy kit I put in, if your not turboed or closed course racing the other kit is just a waste.

Be sure to get the 12 point socket for the flywheel bolts, you can’t use a 6 point.

That rear main seal is going to leak on you one week after you put everything back together.. Consider replacing it when you have flywheel off.
Got it, thanks so much for the reply. Any idea where to get a rear seal from/part no. or something? And is there anything else you'd recommend getting done (preventative maintenance) while I'm in there doing the clutch?