7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wet Floorboard

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamie King is an unknown quantity at this point
Wet Floorboard

I've searched around and found quite a few different reasons why a 2003 Civic EX 2 door would have a wet floorboard (both driver and passenger in this case). The first hit I got was that it was the sunroof drains (which I have checked) and have seen a few other suggestions...after rain last night it does not appear to be coming from the sunroof drain at least on the drivers side...the drains are not clogged. Can anyone list the possible locations that cause these types of leaks?
Old 05-18-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wet Floorboard

This car had a pretty serious water leak caused by dried out and cracked body seam sealer

Old 05-18-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Any coolant loss in radiator?
A leak in the interior's heater core/pipes can cause a slow leak that may cause wetness near the gas pedal or same location on passenger side.

Also, if the air conditioner's drainage tubes get clogged it can leak at the same locations listed above.
Old 05-21-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamie King is an unknown quantity at this point

No coolant leaking and the AC drain flows properly. After a hard rain the other day the drivers side was pretty wet. I purchased new sunroof drain tubes (ones that exit the vehicle) and replaced the drivers side...guess I will know next time it rains.
Old 05-21-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jamie King
No coolant leaking and the AC drain flows properly. After a hard rain the other day the drivers side was pretty wet. I purchased new sunroof drain tubes (ones that exit the vehicle) and replaced the drivers side...guess I will know next time it rains.
Or... run a hose over the roof to assimilate rain.