7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Can't get slack on my 12v battery cables because of these cable clip things!

Old 05-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
thesupersoap33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't get slack on my 12v battery cables because of these cable clip things!

So aggravating. There are these clips holding the cables at various places around the 12v cavity and I can't see how to get them to loosen up on the cable so I can get some more slack out of the cables. So pissed!

there's the positive one and then there's the white one running from some other box to the positive terminal... both need slack so I can recut and attach to the battery post!
Old 05-10-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Can't get slack on my 12v battery cables because of these cable clip things!

use a trim removal tool to pop the clips out of the sheet metal?
post a picture to give us a better idea of what the problem is
Old 05-10-2018
Registered!!

Re: Can't get slack on my 12v battery cables because of these cable clip things!

I would if I could figure out how to post them!!! They're saved to my phone.
Old 05-10-2018

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

You can post pictures directly from your phone,
or transfer to your computer and then post them.
Old 05-10-2018
Registered!!

Believe me I'm trying. Can you give me directions step by step on how to post them?

I keep uploading them but then can't send them from there!
Old 05-10-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

From a phone you need to send them to an image hosting site like Imgur and then upload the link (at least on an iPhone maybe android you can attach directly).

Once you have a link you add [img] [/img] to the url and it will post.

On a computer you can attach it directly into the thread using the insert image icon that is next to where you would change fonts and font size. Has a mountain looking image on it.
Old 05-10-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't have enough cable length, then you might have the wrong battery.
Old 05-10-2018

Originally Posted by GolNat
From a phone you need to send them to an image hosting site like Imgur and then upload the link (at least on an iPhone maybe android you can attach directly).

Once you have a link you add [img] [/img] to the url and it will post.

On a computer you can attach it directly into the thread using the insert image icon that is next to where you would change fonts and font size. Has a mountain looking image on it.
Android you can definitely attach directly

Originally Posted by ezone
If you don't have enough cable length, then you might have the wrong battery.
This is a good point 6th gen batteries are identical but the posts are flipped and you might not have enough slack
Old 05-10-2018
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

That is a good point!! I believe the battery code has an R at the end for Reverse.

Good to know! Yea Apple is a pain sometimes with stuff like that but hey I like them.
Old 05-11-2018
Super Moderator

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,294 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GolNat
That is a good point!! I believe the battery code has an R at the end for Reverse.
This is also true for the U.S. Civic Si. Same battery, reversed poles.
Old 05-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Here I thought the R stood for Right Side Positive
Old 05-12-2018
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
Here I thought the R stood for Right Side Positive
Maybe it does! A buddy of mine that worked at Pep Boys told me the reverse thing but idk how accurate that info is. I was given a non R battery because they were out of them so I tried it in my 7th gen and the hood prop was hitting the battery post so it didn’t work.