7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Meter Fuse Keeps Blowing When in Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chadrazoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Meter Fuse Keeps Blowing When in Reverse

Hey there,

The other day all the gauges on my cluster went out on my 02 EX MT. Drove it home and started looking at the fuses and noticed the 7.5 amp Meter fuse under the dash blew. I replaced it and all was fine until I put it in reverse and the fuse blew again.

When the fuse is out the cluster gauges and odometer go out, reverse lights do not work, and my ac clutch will not engage, but the button will light up. other than that everything works fine.

Thought maybe it was the bulbs, but the fuse still blows with no bulbs.

For now I just unplugged the reverse switch on my tyranny because I'd rather have a working cluster over working reverse lights.

I am assuming I have a short somewhere, but I though I should post it here to see if anyone might have an idea.

Thanks,

Chad
Old 05-09-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Meter Fuse Keeps Blowing When in Reverse

Maybe a broken ground wire is causing the issue, just like the ECU gets fried when alternator gets loose.

Since AC clutch / blower motor are the highest draw items your talking about and neither load belongs on that fuse I would start with checking ground continuity at the compressor and blower motor connections.

While in the engine compartment, as good as a time as any to undo, clean,dielectric grease, and reconnect the body to ground cables as well.

Old 05-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chadrazoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Meter Fuse Keeps Blowing When in Reverse

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
Maybe a broken ground wire is causing the issue, just like the ECU gets fried when alternator gets loose.

Since AC clutch / blower motor are the highest draw items your talking about and neither load belongs on that fuse I would start with checking ground continuity at the compressor and blower motor connections.

While in the engine compartment, as good as a time as any to undo, clean,dielectric grease, and reconnect the body to ground cables as well.

I thought it was weird that the AC would not work as well. Blower will still work but the compressor wont turn on. I'll have some free time to tomorrow to take a look. Hopefully its something that simple!