7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Compatibility question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RoAlex is an unknown quantity at this point
Compatibility question

Hello,
First of all I don't know much about cars and I have a problem. A friend suggested this is the best place to ask. So thanks in advance.
I have had a 7th gen Civic for 10 years and recently had my first crash, nothing major, but I bumped into a guy which had a hook on his rear bumper, which caused quite a bit of damage to my front side. Basically, whole cooling system, hood, front bumper, headlights, need to be replaced.
I won't order brand new parts, since those cost more than the car is worth. However, I did manage to find all the parts I need, used, online at very cheap prices.

My problem is that the parts I found online are from a facelift variation of this model. The online store told me they are compatible. The service guys said it's their first time working on this model, since it's very rare in my country, so they have no clue. So that's where I need your help. I need to know if they are compatible before buying.

Here's a picture of my car:

https://imgur.com/a/wJsZZ

These are the pictures of the used parts. The front bumper and headlights are clearly different.

https://imgur.com/a/JXrJ2

Thanks so much!
Old 03-26-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Compatibility question

What year and trim do you have? Is it hatchback? Si?

There was a face lift done mid generation but parts will fit if everything is changed over headlights, bumper rad support etc.
Old 03-26-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RoAlex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Yes, its hatchback 2001, made in UK. not sure about SI.
Maybe this helps to better identify the model:

https://imgur.com/a/S6Xbu
Old 03-26-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

If it’s similar to the US model (we don’t have hatchback unless Si) then as long as all the parts that are shown in the pictures are replaced it should fit.

With it being Uk spec I am not 100% though. Maybe someone with more background will chime in!

According to VIN plate and info it looks like a none Si Civic Hatch.