7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

D17A1 rod orientation...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dagovee is an unknown quantity at this point
D17A1 rod orientation...

Sup folks! New here and was looking for a tidbit of wisdom from those in the know. I am rebuilding a D17A1 and am fixing to reinstall the pistons. One thing I want to make sure of is the orientation of the oil port on the connecting rod which I failed to take note of when disassembling. So standing over the engine with the front of the engine being to my right, should the oil port be on the top or the bottom? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-05-2018
Registered!!

RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough
Re: D17A1 rod orientation...

are you saying you pressed the pistons off the rods and cannot tell orientation by looking at the piston tops?
Old 03-05-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Connecting rod oil hole is to be on the same side as the "IN" mark on the piston top

The arrow on top of the piston points to the timing belt

You might try www.carmanualsonline.info/
or try some of the most recent links in this handy thread: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...pdated-13.html
Old 03-05-2018
Registered!!

dagovee is an unknown quantity at this point

This is exactly what I needed to know and was what I suspected, thank you EZONE! I have the Haynes manual but at this point it states that the pistons and rods are ready to be sent off for inspection and says nothing that I've found about reassembling them.
Old 03-05-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dagovee
This is exactly what I needed to know and was what I suspected, thank you EZONE! I have the Haynes manual but at this point it states that the pistons and rods are ready to be sent off for inspection and says nothing that I've found about reassembling them.
Great, I was looking for handy pics on goggle search but I think those links to real service manuals in the other post would be better