7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Seafoaming - 2004 Honda Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bolbi is an unknown quantity at this point
Seafoaming - 2004 Honda Civic EX

Hello everyone,

I have a 2004 Honda Civic EX that I'm trying to seafoam. It only has 90k miles and it has never been seafoamed before. The issue I'm having with it is that I have no clue where to spray the seafoam. I watched one of Chris Fix's videos on how to seafoam and I thought it would be easy to find the air intake and just start spraying, but I simply couldn't. Now, I'm not a car guy, but I'm slowly trying to get into them and take care of my good old '04 honda. As a college student it gets the job done and I thought why not try to make it nice and take care of it. Also, would modding it be worth it? I love the car.

So, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could possibly help me out and tell me where I could spray the seafoam. Possibly with pictures since I'm so bad at it.

Thank you!

EDIT: Sorry if this post is not in the right place.

Last edited by Bolbi; 02-10-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seafoaming - 2004 Honda Civic EX

that I'm trying to seafoam
Why?
Old 02-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Fun fact, all that smoke comming out after pouring seafom in is the actual seafoam itself burning.

Personally I feel you might as well just light 10 - $1.00 bills on fire and save your catalitic converter the hassle.

Big supporter of frequent and full synthetic oil changes for our engines.

Consider the timing belt replacement as its due.

Old 02-10-2018
Registered!!

RustyShackle will become famous soon enough

This is how they do it in Malaysia LOL

Old 02-10-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

^OMG that poor little nearly hydrolocked engine!
Old 02-11-2018
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

all im seeing in the video is a cloud of white smoke just like every other video i have seen on someone seafoaming there car's engine lol aint it funny how You never see any clouds of black carbon mixed in as the white clouds are coming out the tail pipe..? its always rather Pure white coloured clouds instead from the

product being burned internally and exhaled out as white in coloure not to mention the risks involved on pouring it down a brake booster line if someone wants to increase there performance & mpg's why not bring it to a shop and have a Proffessional Cleaning service done on it like a BG induction cleaning its going to cost more but You get alot more effective cleaning in the engine done.

Old 02-11-2018
Registered!!

Bolbi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
Fun fact, all that smoke comming out after pouring seafom in is the actual seafoam itself burning.

Personally I feel you might as well just light 10 - $1.00 bills on fire and save your catalitic converter the hassle.

Big supporter of frequent and full synthetic oil changes for our engines.

Consider the timing belt replacement as its due.

Thank you.

Well, I eventually figured it out and went through with it. Didn't have any issues at all. So, there's that.
Old 02-11-2018
Registered!!

Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Yea our intake is like a huge fishbowl.

Bet you could pour 2 full cans of seafoam down there and it would just sit there sloshing around.
Old 02-11-2018
Registered!!

yep, not until you have poured 42 ounces in does it get to the first breather tube connection.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1EB7239F-6465-499B-8EA6-75208F087D12.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	111979