7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Clutch going to the floor

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlos24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch going to the floor

Wat up fellas , my clutch pedal went str8 down to the ground yesterday so I replaced my clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. Bled the system for about an hour and a half . Clutch pedal still goes down to the floor. I adjusted my pedal 3 times still nothing. Fluid coming out the bleeder valve good a str8 stream .I can shift gears with the engine off but with it on it's a no go .I also replaced my clutch about a week ago . Car rode good till now . I'm lost right now any help would be great. It's a 01 Civic ex. Thanks
Old 02-03-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Clutch going to the floor

Does it feel like it has resistance?

Sounds like it’s still hydraulic related. Any fluid on the ground? Does the level in the reservoir go down any?
Old 02-03-2018
Registered!!

[QUOTE=GolNat;4738906]Does it feel like it has resistance?

Sounds like it’s still hydraulic related. Any fluid on the ground? Does the level in the reservoir go down any?[/QUOTEQU
fluid goes down in the res. No fluid on ground and the pedal has no play in it . Goes straight to the floor .
Old 02-03-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking it's a pressure plate problem given all that
Old 02-03-2018
Registered!!

Man I hope not . I replace all of that about a week ago . My old one was shot . Is their anything else that can be wrong . She drove pretty good untill yesterday went from 4th gear to go into 5th and the pedal went straight to the floor. Had to get it towed to the house then I replace slave cylinder and master clutch cylinder
Old 02-03-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

To me, that's the only thing left that makes sense with the issues, but I'm purely speculating.
Old 02-03-2018
Registered!!

Ok thanks . I'mgonna try it one more time In the am and see if I can get it to work. If not guess I'll be tearing the tranny down again.
Old 02-06-2018
Registered!!

pjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of light

Have someone else step on the clutch and watch the slave cylinder. If the slave cylinder moves and you can see the lever it is attached to move, the issue is in the clutch. If the slave cylinder doesn't move the lever then there is a hydraulic issue. If I remember the clutch can be difficult to bleed.
Old 02-06-2018
Registered!!

Got it all fix up guys . After 2 days of bleeding I went ahead and made me a home made tool to suck the air/ fluid from the slave cylinder. Took 20 mins and got it right . Thanks for all the help .
The following users liked this post:
Perfectionist (07-29-2020)