7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Transmission help

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Markk1496 is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission help

]hello I'm new to the forum and in need of some help /advice .i have a 2001auto Honda Civic LX with 160,000 miles on it. Trans recently gave out and replaced it with a used one . The trans in my car was a BMXA and I replaced with an '03 Japanese SLXA trans and got CEL code P0740 .i changed out TCC solenoid and still have code .tested A&B solenoid and came out good and now I'm stuck on what to do next ,any ideas.?[/QUOTE]
Old 12-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Transmission help

First there is a interesting thread about that code here
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-lx-p0740.html

They point out things like clogged screens , failed torque converters, and maybe just a new green o-ring.

For all you and the dismaterler in Japan knew was the car failed Japan inspection for the exact same code and the owner decided to junk the car instead of paying for a new transmission. Years (maybe a decade) later it was bought by a JDM importer and sold to you....