7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

2003 LX, odd noise, clunk noise when in second gear and turning right

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joey72 is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 LX, odd noise, clunk noise when in second gear and turning right

Honda civic 2003 LX manual transmission .

hi guys I would need some help here or some info! here's the problem: when I'm in second gear only and turning right its making a clunk noise like a front axle shaft noise, not like any other noise in suspension or direction , both axles have been change in the last year so I'm kind of worry about this , haven't seen anything suspicious so I was wondering if any of you had this problem in the past . thanks for any info that could help , I don't want to go to the dealer or any garage so your help would be really appreciated . Thanks !!
Old 11-30-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: 2003 LX, odd noise, clunk noise when in second gear and turning right

jack it up and start moving/prying bits of suspension and the axle see if anything makes noise?
Old 11-30-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joey72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have done that and seen or heard nothing ... but when i put it in 2nd gear when car is jack the noise is there but not as load as it is on the road ... its not that loud like if i have the Windows up i almost cant hear it like if the radio is playing we dont hear it
Old 12-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

You didn’t mention you tried....
Driving in a circle in a parking lot.. is noise only present when in second gear
While in second gear and going in a circle, press in clutch.. is noise still going on
While driving in circle, put car in neutral and coast in circle, any noises still?

if your still only hearing the noise while only in second gear, would take a close look at your shift linkages, possibly your not fully engaging second gear and your getting erratic gear movement.

I would also take a Look at the transmission fluid, make sure you can open the fill port before you drain it.