7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Engine Splash Shields

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017
LZC
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LZC is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine Splash Shields

I've purchased new splash shields and such along with the fender liners and I'm not sure how to assemble them all together so I was wondering if any of you had videos or knowledge of the steps to put it together?
Old 11-20-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Engine Splash Shields

Are the old ones still on the car? Just remove the old ones and install the new ones in the reverse of how you took off the old.

For the fender liners, you remove the mud flap and the screws holding the mud flap also hold the bottom of the liner on, and then it's a bunch of push clips holding it on.
The bottom splash shield I think is just clipped in, might be a couple screws/bolts as well.

The clips like to break when you remove them, make sure you have extras on hand. I bought a bag of 100 aftermarket ones on amazon for $6.
Old 11-21-2017
LZC
Registered!!

Thanks
Old 11-21-2017
LZC
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
Are the old ones still on the car? Just remove the old ones and install the new ones in the reverse of how you took off the old.

For the fender liners, you remove the mud flap and the screws holding the mud flap also hold the bottom of the liner on, and then it's a bunch of push clips holding it on.
The bottom splash shield I think is just clipped in, might be a couple screws/bolts as well.

The clips like to break when you remove them, make sure you have extras on hand. I bought a bag of 100 aftermarket ones on amazon for $6.
The fender liner splash guards were broken in half so they never connected to the bumper and the bumper was broken along the areas of the holes to connect them. I also never had the bottom engine splash guard. I'm sure I could eventually figure this all out but having a video or something would help.

Edit: I also bought the plastic rivets from Amazon, I just don't know if there are bolts like you mentioned.
Old 11-21-2017

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Just checked the parts diagram, looks like there's a screw on the front most corner of the fender liner where it meets the bottom splash shield. You can probably get away without it though, I don't think they exist on my car anymore.
Old 11-21-2017
LZC
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
Just checked the parts diagram, looks like there's a screw on the front most corner of the fender liner where it meets the bottom splash shield. You can probably get away without it though, I don't think they exist on my car anymore.
Can you link me to the parts diagram? That would help a lot, thanks.
Old 11-22-2017

torontohondaparts.com

They're a dealer that sells parts online here in Canada,
There are bunch of dealers in the states that do the same thing.
Just click on the search now button and then put in your car's specs, you'll be able to look at all the parts diagrams for the entire car, and they list the part numbers as well