7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can’t find the Maf sensor for 01 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arkynsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Can’t find the Maf sensor for 01 Civic

Is this the maf sensor ,is the rusty thing in the middle, it?also My car keeps stalling at red lights
Old 10-19-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Can’t find the Maf sensor for 01 Civic

Originally Posted by Arkynsky
Is this the maf sensor ,is the rusty thing in the middle, it?also My car keeps stalling at red lights
7th gens do not have a MAF sensor. They do have a MAP sensor though.
The sensor in the pic looks to be the IAT..intake air temp sensor. Any CEL codes?
Old 10-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arkynsky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Megalodong
7th gens do not have a MAF sensor. They do have a MAP sensor though.
The sensor in the pic looks to be the IAT..intake air temp sensor. Any CEL codes?
yes p0171,p0304 and p1457 are the 3 codes I got
Old 10-19-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Dummy check your vacuum lines. I vaguely recall having that same set of codes and it ended up being a vacuum leak wreaking havoc. No idea what pic Mr. Dong is referring to, but the MAP sensor sits in this hole on the intake mani (not my pic, stolen from google images and highlighted the MAP sensor port):

The IAT sensor sticks into the side of the filter box.. I think.. It's been a hot minute since I've looked at a stock D17 intake in person. lol
Old 10-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

that is you intake air temperature sensor in those pics

Originally Posted by Arkynsky