7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

P1457 Evap Code

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JD101 is an unknown quantity at this point
P1457 Evap Code

On my 03 Civic I get P1457 Evap code. I reset it and it came back after driving about 200 miles. I have ordered Honda OEM Gas Cap and I will replace it to see if that takes care of the problem. People are talking about several valves and canister etc; Instead of replacing one valve at a time, do you know if you buy whole canister it comes with all valves etc? I'm getting this done by a mechanic and don't want to go back and forth and every time he charges me by the 1/2 hour, one hour. Any thought on what usually is the problem with this kind of code? Might just get lucky replacing the usual suspects. I know smoke test is the way to go, which should pint point to where the leak might be coming from.
Old 10-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: P1457 Evap Code

there are lots of threads around here regarding that code just do a search,

the most common problem is the cannister shut off valve is leaking, i would suggest replacing that to start, it is held onto the cannister with 2 screws which in most cases are rusted to hell,

your gas cap is not the problem