7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Engine tuning / cheap aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truckerguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine tuning / cheap aftermarket parts

Hey guy's I'v had my civic stock for many years since I had little to no money. Now I have a better job and a newer car and want to tune this one up but I have the slightest clue on what I should do anyone have any good suggestions for cheap engine parts I wanna do the engine before I touch anything cosmetically the civic I have only has 120k and has been winter stored in amazing condition so I want to do this right and have fun with it what are some ideas doe cheap engine parts that will boost HP even slightly or dramatically, even if anyone wants to throw in some body kits that'd be awesome, I found one on carid for 346$ but that doesn't seem right for carbon fiber body kit thanks a ton!
Old 07-14-2017
Registered!!

SammySC has a spectacular aura aboutSammySC has a spectacular aura about
Re: Engine tuning / cheap aftermarket parts

What year and trim, level is your Civic? If you have the D17a1 or a2 series engine, bolt on parts like (Cold air intakes, short ram air intakes, exhaust kits or even a header) will not give you a lot of power. You will need a Crower stage 1 cam and above to make some noticeable power on those cars/engines. I am speaking by experience. I have an 02 EX with the D17a2 engine with all that stuff on, very little gains. My next step is a Crower Cam upgrade or swap the engine for a K20.
My 2 cents :-)
Old 07-21-2017
Registered!!

Sakib Kamal is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd go with Sam there. Swap a K20 in it, then do any performance upgrade to the K20 if you really want to go fast.
Old 08-03-2017
Registered!!

SammySC has a spectacular aura aboutSammySC has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sakib Kamal
I'd go with Sam there. Swap a K20 in it, then do any performance upgrade to the K20 if you really want to go fast.