7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No Headlight Warning Ding

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017
2002 Civic EX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cwmoore9 is an unknown quantity at this point
No Headlight Warning Ding

Hello everyone. My son has a 2002 Honda Civic EX and his headlight warning ding keeps going out.

Each time it does, I have other issues to fix, so I take it to the mechanic and he fixes it.

But I am wondering if I can fix this myself (ex: fuse). And input will be appreciated.

By the way, I am new to this forum. I tried searching for this issue, but didn't find anything. If there is a thread that already has this information, feel free to point me in the right direction.
Old 07-07-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: No Headlight Warning Ding

What are the "other issues" that occur ??

At the exact same time as the warning stops working ??
Old 07-07-2017
2002 Civic EX

The last time it happened, the A/C stop working and it was an electrical issue. The mechanic replaced the fuse box under the hood and also fixed the headlight warning ding.

I am not sure what he did to fix the headlight warning ding, for example, replace a fuse, so I thought I would see if it was something I could do myself
Old 07-07-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Does the dome come on correctly when using drivers door ??

Do you get a beeps with engine off, key placed in ignition, when drivers door is open ??

License plate lights working o.k. ??
Old 07-07-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The mechanic replaced the fuse box under the hood
You sure about that?? It should have received the fusebox in the dash?

Last edited by ezone; 07-07-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-07-2017
2002 Civic EX

I checked on the questions (Do you get a beeps with engine off, key placed in ignition, when drivers door is open ??) and when I did, the warning ding is working again. Strange...

And yes, when the A/C went out and it was an electrical issue, the fuse box under the hood was bad.