7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How many belts are in my Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hpizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
How many belts are in my Honda?

I know there is the timing belt, serpentine belt, what is the third called?
Old 06-16-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many belts are in my Honda?

2 accessory belts and a timing belt.
Old 06-16-2017
Registered!!

I am looking to buy the accessory belts. I've found the serpentine, what does the second one go by? Or are they the same size, just used in different locations?
Old 06-16-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

One belt runs the alternator and AC, the other belt runs the power steering.

If you need those belts, you probably should consider the timing belt may be just as old. The replacement interval is 7 years/100k miles, whichever comes first.
Old 06-16-2017
Registered!!

Ah ok, so it is the same belt. I had the timing belt replaced a couple months ago actually so I'm good to go on that, thanks! Are the serpentine belts hard to replace? Just beginning DIY car work.
Old 06-16-2017

Ah ok, so it is the same belt.
No, there are two very different accessory belts. Different width, different # of ribs, different lengths.

I had the timing belt replaced a couple months ago actually so I'm good to go on that, thanks!
Our shop always replaces the accessory belt(s) with every timing belt maintenance service.

Maybe you should open the hood and inspect the condition of your belts first? Count the number of visible belts? (note how different they are)
Check your receipts to see if they were included with the previous job?

If they squeal now, maybe the shop didn't get them adjusted tight enough during the other work.
Old 06-16-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty easy. Remove random bracketry that'll get in the way (like.. 2 brackets/plates total). Loosen tensioning fasteners bolt for PS, wing bolt for AC/Alt. Install in reverse of removal. I forgot what the spec on tightening is though. I think something like 1/2" belt deflection?