7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

05 Civic Fault Codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MechMan is an unknown quantity at this point
05 Civic Fault Codes

My wife's 2005 Civic has been overheating and my mechanic and I really believe that the headgasket is on its way out. I scanned the car for codes because the SRS light is on, I have an Innova 3150e it pulls SRS and ABS codes as well as engine codes, and the SRS code is 09-03 but I also had code P0135 come up as a stored engine fault code. its got quite a long discription. Is this a common code to be seen with headgasket issues?
Old 05-22-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 05 Civic Fault Codes

P0135 is an O2 sensor code, specifically upstream sensor.

SRS code has to do with your driver's side seat belt buckle. Fairly common in 7thgens.

both of those codes have nothing to do with HG issues
Old 05-22-2017
Registered!!

MechMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, i knew that the SRS code wasn't because of the Head gasket. the P0135 took me by surprise. I had replaced the bank 1 O2 sensor about 2 years ago. I'll clear it and just monitor it.
Old 05-23-2017
Registered!!

Civic4me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MechMan
Thanks, i knew that the SRS code wasn't because of the Head gasket. the P0135 took me by surprise. I had replaced the bank 1 O2 sensor about 2 years ago. I'll clear it and just monitor it.
I just had the same trouble with upstream sensor. Here in Canada that thing cost about $350 for Denso sensor, NTK is even more expensive. I did some research, trying to get that part from other jap cars, but could not find any. Ended up buying Denso sensor from ebay.. ) Will see how that turns out ))

SRS code I fixed by changing micro switch on seat belt buckle. Got switch from passenger seat buckle, from junk yard. Passenger side never get used that much, so switch was basically new.

Last edited by Civic4me; 05-23-2017 at 11:13 AM. Reason: adding details about SRS code