7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Noise getting out of first gear ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D17a2em2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Noise getting out of first gear ??

I notice I strange squealing getting off the clutch in first gear (sounds kind of like a belt noise), only happens sometimes, basically right where the catch point is an when the the clutch grabs, what could this be ? Also does it at times in reverse gear
Old 05-20-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Noise getting out of first gear ??

Does it sound kinda like a soft WOOP or WEEP?
Friction disc material, under pressure, makes a little noise as its slip rate is decreasing to nearly zero.
I've heard it before and IMO it was not a concern to me, as it did not affect performance. Many moons ago a different manufacturer I worked with said it was a characteristic of the friction material and not detrimental to the performance of the part.

Now if your clutch or trans isn't working right, that's reason for concern.
Old 05-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D17a2em2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Noise getting out of first gear ??

clutch is good, same with the trans. Thanks I'm sure it's nothing to be too worried about just annoying noise at times