7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Will not start for no reason

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liam Zaniroli is an unknown quantity at this point
Will not start for no reason

So I'm new to the Honda world as I just inherited a 7th gen civic. It's a 2001 ex coupe. So this car was broken into and someone messed with the wiring and it had an aftermarket security system. I completely took out the system and reconnected all wires that were tapped. Everything seems to be working fine but it won't start... won't even try.... it has compression, fuel and seems to have but shows no signs of having spark. I put in new spark plugs and tested each coil with a test light and also with a spark plug and I have spark. I know I have fuel because if I keep cranking it over you can smell it and when I pulled out the old plugs they were drenched and so were the new ones after a few tries at turning it over. My other car has a blown up first gear and I'd like to not have to drive it every day. Any advice much appreciated
Old 05-10-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Will not start for no reason

Did you try starting it with gas pedal to floor (WOT)? This helps if the the cylinders are flooded with gas.
Old 05-10-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Wet plugs = flooded
Dry plugs, dry cylinders, may need to re-oil the cylinders to help restore some lost compression

What happened the last time the engine ran? Run long enough to move the car in the driveway, then shut it off after 30 seconds?

I'm not sure how theft/alarm and restoring wiring to original would affect the flooding issue, but recheck your wiring work?
Old 10-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liam Zaniroli is an unknown quantity at this point

So the story goes... my original thought that it had compression was just the fact that it was blowing compression out of the spark plug holes... I didn't have a compression tester at the time... what I discovered is that it was a few teeth out of time missing on the timing belt... surprisingly a timing belt fixed all my problems even though this is an interference motor (correct?)... I apologize for my delay in response and thank you guys for your input... this day in time the civic sits in my driveway with rod knock after a week or two of driving it and I'm awaiting a shipment from the local jdm motor importer to drop in a new motor..
Old 10-08-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

with rod knock
Damn...When it rains, it pours!