7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Advice on 2002 Honda Civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dhooy77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Advice on 2002 Honda Civic LX

I have a 2002 Honda Civic LX. I am wondering how there is an error that says Maintenance Required. I had a code reader, and it did not read it. Any advice on why it still says this error.

Also, my car was in a crash. Now the passengers door will not lock with the rest of the car. I am trying to figure out how to fix it. I get worried that someone will steal something in my car. I try to remind the passengers, but they often forget. One of these days someone is gonna take something. The wireless remote also has a lock and unlock button which will not work when pressed. Like when the lock button is pressed the lights in the car go off but the car never locks. Any advice?
Old 04-05-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Advice on 2002 Honda Civic LX

Maint req'd light is operated by a simple mileage counter in the cluster.
All it's for is a reminder to change the oil, maybe whomever changed the oil forgot to reset it.
DOES it need the oil changed now? (check oil dipstick)

(Reset procedure is always found in your owners manual)

Key OFF
Push and hold odometer trip meter reset button
turn key to ON (do not start engine)
continue holding button until maint light goes out (about 10 seconds).
Let go of button and turn key off. Done.

================================================== ===

Also, my car was in a crash. Now the passengers door will not lock with the rest of the car.
Where's the crash damage? On the door in question?

The wireless remote also has a lock and unlock button which will not work when pressed. Like when the lock button is pressed the lights in the car go off but the car never locks.
Does the drivers door power lock work?