7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Crossed jumper cables, car is dead

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Perfectionist is an unknown quantity at this point
Crossed jumper cables, car is dead

Hi, I have a 2004 Honda Civic DX. I left my car lights on so that left my battery at minimal. I took another car and jumped it, little did I know I crossed the jumper cables. 1 minute in I realized it and switched them correctly but my dashboard renders dead, my radio is dead, power is gone. Can someone please help me?
Old 04-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OneJzSupra is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Crossed jumper cables, car is dead

Originally Posted by Perfectionist
Hi, I have a 2004 Honda Civic DX. I left my car lights on so that left my battery at minimal. I took another car and jumped it, little did I know I crossed the jumper cables. 1 minute in I realized it and switched them correctly but my dashboard renders dead, my radio is dead, power is gone. Can someone please help me?
Step one, check and see if it blew the fuse in the fuse box. I think it's a 100 amp fuse or something like that. I had an issue like this with my Supra, ended up changing out a lot of stuff to include the following:

Greddy Emanage Blue
Alternator
ECU
Ignition Computer
and Battery.

I would start and the fuse box, get a new battery and then start working your way down the list to check stuff. If all else fails... Just let me know when you are going to post up a thread for the part out lol JK.
Old 04-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Perfectionist is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Thanks a lot for the quick reply! I checked the fuse box with a multi meter and most of them tested good. Took the 80Amp Fuse out, and when I shook it, it would rattle like loose pieces were in it. Aka I fried it. Dashboard lights all function now after I got a new one. Now to jump it! THE RIGHT WAY!! Thank you so much
Old 04-04-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OneJzSupra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Thanks a lot for the quick reply! I checked the fuse box with a multi meter and most of them tested good. Took the 80Amp Fuse out, and when I shook it, it would rattle like loose pieces were in it. Aka I fried it. Dashboard lights all function now after I got a new one. Now to jump it! THE RIGHT WAY!! Thank you so much
You might be in lucky if the 80 amp fuse went, it's designed to save your system so you might be good.
Old 04-04-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

And that is why it's recommended to disconnect the negative and positive cables from the battery that is being charged yet, rarely does anyone do it.