7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

2003 honda civic lx won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Played is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 honda civic lx won't start

Hey folks I'm currently at a loss. My 2003 honda civic lx won't start after being ran. If I start up the car for the first time it'll run just fine. However if I go to the market or anywhere else and turn off the car. The car won't start, I generally have to wait an hour till it finally starts up again.

This is what I've done to the car thus far thinking it would solve my problem, however nothings worked:
1. Brand new spark plugs NGK (completed)
2. Brand new fuel pump filter (completed)
3. Changed the camshaft sensor (completed)
4. Changed the crankshaft pressure sensor (completed)
5. Will be changing the catalytic converter in two weeks (pending)

Took it to a mechanic and he said that it's probably a bad ECU?

ANY one got a clu
Old 04-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OneJzSupra is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2003 honda civic lx won't start

I had an issue just like that and threw a lot of money at it trying to fix it. It dawned on me to see if it was the ECU. I tried this out one day after I drove and got stuck, I disconnected the battery and then reconnected it after about 30 seconds and wouldn't you know it started right up. I ordered a used one from EBAY and towed it to Honda to get it reprogramed... It's been running without issue since 2010.
Old 04-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2003 honda civic lx won't start

you have a poor ground /electrical connection somewhere, start with the battery terminals and work your way out from there, the problem is most likely a poor ground wire / connection,

take the connections apart and actually clean them using baking soda and water and a wire brush, dont just look at them and come back here and say they are fine,