7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Want second opinion before buying parts

Old 02-06-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taigher is an unknown quantity at this point
Want second opinion before buying parts

My honda civic LX 2003 sedan needs some repair work and I'm just going to do it myself. I need to buy a new front panel for the driver side and I think I found a decent site to buy one. (carparts.com)

This site also has a new door handle that I need too and it's only like 10 bucks. After that I'm not really sure what to buy. I think the locks in the driver side door are worn because the key doesn't always work. Should I buy a lock actuator? I can get one from carparts too.

The final thing that I wanted to ask about I doubt anyone will actually know the answer to but it's worth a shot. Basically, when I'm driving with my foot on the gas pedal (automatic transmission) it will start vibrating sometimes. The peddle will start to feel like if I'm driving on a rough patch of road, but stops as soon as I take my foot off the pedal. Then, it may not happen again for another hour or may happen again in like a minute. Does this sounds familiar to anyone?

Alright, thanks! Even just some thoughts on carparts.com would be great for me but if there's any knowledgeable people out there that can help with any of the rest that'd be great.
Old 02-06-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Want second opinion before buying parts

Check www.car-part.com
Check local salvage yards
Check regional/national recycle yards such as LKQ, I've dealt with them in the past

It's nice to just bolt on body parts that are already the correct color.

================

You could use the new used lock and hope a key comes with it, or......

The original lock cylinder (Sidewinder type key and lock) can be retumbled if the tumblers are worn out, but not everyone knows that is even possible, or is willing to do that work

Some people have worn out keys that cause the tumblers to jam up in the lock too.

Probably only a dealer or a well equipped lock shop would have tumblers to do the work (someone posted in this forum that they got a pile of sidewinder tumblers on the internet and DIY fixed locks though)

Half the people in a dealership probably aren't going to know that a tumbler kit exists to do this work either.

============
On the vibrations...(you mention transmission? Torque converter clutch (TCC) shudder?)......you're gonna have to figure out if it's something within the trans itself, or something in the car.

When was the last trans fluid service done? Was the correct DW-1 fluid used?
Got any fault codes?
Old 02-07-2017
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Want second opinion before buying parts

Other ideas on the vibration in the gas pedal: a failing EGR valve and/or clogged ports can cause a wash-board type feeling trying to maintain a constant speed (this info from my Odyssey days) and maybe bad wheel bearings (but they usually make noise like growling).

Search this Thread