7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

help needed on 1.7 ctdi imagine please

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex Woodward is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation help needed on 1.7 ctdi imagine please

i have a 2003 honda civic 1.7 ctdi imagine and i noticed a split in the hose at the top of engine can any1 tell me what the name of the hose is and what it does cheers i attached a picture below if possible i also have a boost issue
Name:  honda_civic_dizel_motor_triodriverblog_03_Ink_LI_1.jpg
Views: 2310
Size:  206.6 KB
Old 02-01-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: help needed on 1.7 ctdi imagine please

Most of us in this forum are in North America, and Honda doesn't give us diesel powered cars over here.

I can guess that since the hose runs to the valve cover that it will be a crankcase breather tube ....but I can't see where the other end goes...If I am correct it leads into the main large tube that goes from the air filter box to the turbo...?

If it's split open then it needs fixed so it is air-tight again, (meaning replacement) otherwise the MAF (airflow) sensor won't read incoming air amount correctly.

Probably item #3 in this parts diagram?

Pic came from the catalog system linked below, but I have no idea what your car is to nail down the exact parts lookup.

This is the only parts catalog link I have for Hondas on your side of the pond....see if you can make use of it:
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/

Regards,
Old 02-02-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Man, that's a hard engine to find any information about. ezone is right, probably 95% of us have N. American civics and don't have access to diesel versions. There is seriously just about no information about the Isuzu 4EE2 engine (which the 1.7 CDTi civic uses) on the internet. Best I found is this picture:

which leads me to follow ezone's presumption that it's the crankcase vent hose, which is exactly what ezone referred to in the picture above.
Old 02-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex Woodward is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks soo much for the reply i didnt realise most of you are from N.America etc. no here could give me an answer for the hose hard to imagine lol. hopefully this might solve a few of my issues
Old 02-02-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

If you can find a rubber hose with the same inner diameter, it should work out for you. Just ensure the hose is oil resistant. It won't have the same pretty bends as the OEM hose does, and you'll have to cut it to length to fit properly, but it'll do the job