7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

2002 civic EX couple

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeshuarz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 civic EX couple

Hi I want to buy a 2002 civic EX couple with 200,000 miles in it it looks pretty well but investigating I noticed that a lot of people have had troubles with the transmission and it'svery expensive to fix so I don't know if it's a good ideato buy it.
Please help!
Old 01-04-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2002 civic EX couple

Old car, high miles. Cars don't last forever. Anything goes. Roll the dice.
Plan on it needing money. Lots of money.
Plan on slowly learning why someone got rid of it (this costs money).

Prepurchase inspection may uncover the readily apparent issues, but some other problems take time and miles to discover.

Don't scream about it being a lemon after you buy it...... it's a used car.
Old 01-05-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

...why buy at 200k miles?

There should be lots of these around, wait on craiglist until you can find one with lower mileage, imo.
Old 01-06-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SammySC has a spectacular aura aboutSammySC has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by yeshuarz1
Hi I want to buy a 2002 civic EX couple with 200,000 miles in it it looks pretty well but investigating I noticed that a lot of people have had troubles with the transmission and it'svery expensive to fix so I don't know if it's a good ideato buy it.
Please help!

I agree with others here, wait until you find one with less mileage. Also, decide if you want one 100% stock or if you want one with some modifications. IMHO, one with mods could save you time and money in the long run even if the car costs you a little more now. For example, I have a 2002 EX with 127,000 which is slightly modified and well maintained. If I was in the market to buy one right now, I would definitely look for one like this. Not with crazy mods but with some fun ones done with care and around this mileage. I would stay away from anything over 130K especially if the seller has no maintenance records to show you. I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	After repair 2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	329.5 KB
ID:	89380   Click image for larger version

Name:	DC header installed 2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	89381