7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

02 Honda Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
muir323 is an unknown quantity at this point
02 Honda Civic EX

I just found this site as I was looking up parts for my 02 Honda Civic Ex. I bought my Civic 2 years ago from my mechanic and have been loving it but want to add some power and just make it a tad bit cooler but avoiding "ricing" it up. I have around 210,000 miles on it. It has a rebuilt transmission. I also know that it has a body kit I believe and the rims are supposedly good but no idea since all my friends drive Subis.

Any help would be awesome for how to make my Civic better!

Thanks!

Old 11-27-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 02 Honda Civic EX

Welcome! Nice looking car

Might want to get some dedicated snow tires on it for the moment, maybe on steel wheels so you don't trash the nice ones

Search around the site, there have been threads, DIY, and how-to's for just about anything you wish to do.
Old 11-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the site! You'll find everything you need for you car here.

You car looks fine the way it is. Hopefully your mechanic was good to it.
Old 11-29-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

First off, welcome.

Looks like it's equipped with the HFP (Honda Factory Performance) lip kit. I'd stick with that, give it a spruced up OEM look to it.

As far as mods, what do you want to do with it? Suspension is, by far, the best bang for buck you can get. Some nice coilovers to give it a good adjustable stance and a stiffer/more responsive ride. A neuspeed front upper strut bar will do you well. You can probably find them for $100 or so.

If you want engine performance, sure, you can go with the intake/header/exhaust combo, but that'll give you more sound than anything. There are setups out there that'll give a nice low, throaty sound, and not sound like a ricerific swarm of bees. My setup, I've been told, sounds really good, and that's from people that absolutely abhor ricer cars. My I/H/E setup includes an AEM V2 intake, kamikaze ceramic header, random tech downpipe with high flow cat, and an A'PEXi world sport 2 exhaust.

Crower also makes cams for the D17A2, which adds a bit pep to your step. All the cams cost the same (stage 1, stage 2 na, stage 2 turbo, stage 3), but the stage 2 and 3 ones require springs and retainers, doubling the cost. I'm rocking a stage 1 cam, and it's quite nice, especially considering I dropped it in and just went with it, no tune.

If you're looking to go with looks (as well as function), HID retrofits are easy to do in OEM headlights. The Morimoto mini kit will run you around $300, and it'll take you all of about 3 hours to do the retrofit. Best of all, it's just a hair past plug n play, and you'll have OEM looking HIDs in your headlights.

A bit more importantly, give us a budget, and we can see what you can do. Any questions, feel free to ask. There is a lot of knowledge and experience on this forum, and we like helping people out.
Old 12-01-2016
Registered!!

SammySC has a spectacular aura aboutSammySC has a spectacular aura about

I would keep it the way it is because it looks really nice! Just add some performance items: I had good results with my 02 EX doing the following:
DC Sports Strut bar.
K&N short ram air
DC Sports Ceramic header 4-1
Cat back exhaust (axel back really because I hated the ricey sound without the resonator and it really didn't add any power)
Tein Street Advance Coil Overs
Here are some pictures of my car. I've done a lot of other subtle mods which I've been told look nice and not ricey, like original Honda side markers and mud guards and I kept the OEM wing. Looks nice and not over the top. DEATH TO THE RICE!! LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DC header installed 2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	89288   Click image for larger version

Name:	Catback exhaust.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	89289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Coil overs 2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	745.0 KB
ID:	89290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tein coils 1.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	89291   Click image for larger version

Name:	After repair 2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	329.5 KB
ID:	89292  

Last edited by SammySC; 12-01-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-03-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
First off, welcome.

Looks like it's equipped with the HFP (Honda Factory Performance) lip kit. I'd stick with that, give it a spruced up OEM look to it.

As far as mods, what do you want to do with it? Suspension is, by far, the best bang for buck you can get. Some nice coilovers to give it a good adjustable stance and a stiffer/more responsive ride. A neuspeed front upper strut bar will do you well. You can probably find them for $100 or so.

If you want engine performance, sure, you can go with the intake/header/exhaust combo, but that'll give you more sound than anything. There are setups out there that'll give a nice low, throaty sound, and not sound like a ricerific swarm of bees. My setup, I've been told, sounds really good, and that's from people that absolutely abhor ricer cars. My I/H/E setup includes an AEM V2 intake, kamikaze ceramic header, random tech downpipe with high flow cat, and an A'PEXi world sport 2 exhaust.

Crower also makes cams for the D17A2, which adds a bit pep to your step. All the cams cost the same (stage 1, stage 2 na, stage 2 turbo, stage 3), but the stage 2 and 3 ones require springs and retainers, doubling the cost. I'm rocking a stage 1 cam, and it's quite nice, especially considering I dropped it in and just went with it, no tune.

If you're looking to go with looks (as well as function), HID retrofits are easy to do in OEM headlights. The Morimoto mini kit will run you around $300, and it'll take you all of about 3 hours to do the retrofit. Best of all, it's just a hair past plug n play, and you'll have OEM looking HIDs in your headlights.

A bit more importantly, give us a budget, and we can see what you can do. Any questions, feel free to ask. There is a lot of knowledge and experience on this forum, and we like helping people out.
Thank you so much that helps a lot. I am still new to a lot of what is out there. Like I have only Subi friends so I have been seeing everything they have done to their cars but I am over here like I have a Civic but I don't like the idea of being a ricer.

For now I am looking to spend around $2,000 max in the next 6 to 8 months on it.

I wanna spruce up the look as well as increase under the hood and probably have a quality exhaust sound (nothing insane) as well.
Old 12-03-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SammySC
I would keep it the way it is because it looks really nice! Just add some performance items: I had good results with my 02 EX doing the following:
DC Sports Strut bar.
K&N short ram air
DC Sports Ceramic header 4-1
Cat back exhaust (axel back really because I hated the ricey sound without the resonator and it really didn't add any power)
Tein Street Advance Coil Overs
Here are some pictures of my car. I've done a lot of other subtle mods which I've been told look nice and not ricey, like original Honda side markers and mud guards and I kept the OEM wing. Looks nice and not over the top. DEATH TO THE RICE!! LOL
Thank you so much! This is a really good list for me! It helps give me ideas!
Old 12-03-2016
Registered!!

In general to anyone else who comments. I have a budget of probably $2,000 max between now to around 6 to 8 months from here. I am looking to give the look of the car a bit more cooler (best term I can think of). I also want some more performance out of it. I also want a exhaust sound that doesn't have everyone screaming ricer.

Thanks all!
Old 12-03-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by muir323
In general to anyone else who comments. I have a budget of probably $2,000 max between now to around 6 to 8 months from here. I am looking to give the look of the car a bit more cooler (best term I can think of). I also want some more performance out of it. I also want a exhaust sound that doesn't have everyone screaming ricer.

Thanks all!
That's about what I spent on the list I gave you only for parts because I did the work myself or had some help from my friends. If you have to pay labor be prepared to pay a lot more.
Old 12-03-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If I had bought my 18" wheels brand new they would have been over $2000. (right now they are $616 each retail)
My tires were almost a grand.
Old 12-03-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SammySC
That's about what I spent on the list I gave you only for parts because I did the work myself or had some help from my friends. If you have to pay labor be prepared to pay a lot more.
Ya I will be able to do some and I have a friend who is really good with cars. He helped me with my alternator that just went out! Saved a ton of money there! Just some beers and a pizza!
Old 12-04-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, when my alternator seized, I went to autozone to verify I still had a lifetime warranty on it. Told the guy I'd be back later to swap it. Literally a half hour later, I showed up with alternator in hand, and he had the biggest look of surprise on his face, accompanied with, "holy crap dude, did you seriously take that out in like 15 minutes?"
Old 12-04-2016
Registered!!

Derrek98 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just found this site as I was looking up parts for my 02 Honda Civic Ex. I bought my Civic 2 years ago from my mechanic and have been loving it but want to add some power and just make it a tad bit cooler but avoiding "ricing" it up. I have around 210,000 miles on it. It has a rebuilt transmission. I also know that it has a body kit I believe and the rims are supposedly good but no idea since all my friends drive Subis.

Any help would be awesome for how to make my Civic better!

Thanks!

i would put a set of bigger rims on and maybe get some new headlights not really "ricer" but it does improve the look of the car A lot.
Old 12-04-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Derrek98
i would put a set of bigger rims on and maybe get some new headlights not really "ricer" but it does improve the look of the car A lot.
When I get to my desk top comp tomorrow I will post a pic of my headlights and rims. JDM style not rice Lol. I am running 16" rims the car came with 15" stock
Old 12-04-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Derrek98
These are my JDM black crystal headlights nice but not ricey.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0129.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	868.3 KB
ID:	89298  
Old 12-21-2016
Registered!!

Ya I will be able to do some and I have a friend who is really good with cars. He helped me with my alternator that just went out! Saved a ton of money there! Just some beers and a pizza!

I'm more of a wine guy, but beer and pizza go a long way too bro!