7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Advice on suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m00se_328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Advice on suspension

Recently bought an EP3 and need to replace the shocks and struts. Trying to figure out what would give me the best setup in my budget range. Coilovers or shocks and struts. Looking for a lowered more aggressive look but don't want to slam the car either. But my choices right now form and function type 2 which I like all the adjustability options for. Megan. Ez II streets. Which are about the same price or just getting koni yellows with lowering springs my only concern with these is what springs to get and will they ride stiffer than my stock setup , will my stock springs work with them until I can afford better ones? Any help is greatly appreciated just just getting into Hondas and have very little experience with suspension thanks!
Old 11-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough
Re: Advice on suspension

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...questions.html

Lots of useful info in that thread with lots of links to other threads about suspension. Research research research! That way you will get the end result that you want... Good luck with your EP3 and welcome to the forums!
Old 11-17-2016
Registered!!

OneJzSupra is an unknown quantity at this point

Soooo you said something in your post that kind of gets to me sometimes. Please don't take this as a lecture or anything like that. So just to give you some background I'm not a total expert on the Civic or anything. In fact while it says I have like 40 post on this forum I've also been on this forum for about 6 years. I only really look here is to figure stuff out for my wife's car so I can continue to work on my Supra and not have to worry about her daily.

So you stated that you are working on a budget which is 100% not a big deal. What I will say is for you to do a retarded amount of research and don't be afraid to hold out a little longer to get a product that you'll not only be happy with, but will hold on to for a long time. What I mean by this is don't purchase something with the plan of just replacing it when you get more money as it takes away in the end from buying more stuff later on or having money for other stuff in general.
Old 11-18-2016
Registered!!

SammySC has a spectacular aura aboutSammySC has a spectacular aura about

I've been running Tein Street Advance coil overs for a year. Around $900 plus installation but they are height adjustable and also dampening adjustable for your ride preference. Tein also offers a repair service where you can mail them back to them and they will repair and return to you (Not free of course). IMHO, never go budget on suspension, your life is riding on it quite literally.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Coil overs 2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	745.0 KB
ID:	89261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tein coils 1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	89262  

Last edited by SammySC; 11-22-2016 at 10:11 AM.