Transmission swap post information/Questions about automatic to Manual Transmission swaps

Mismatched car transmission help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travisf1590 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mismatched car transmission help

So I have an 04 em2 I have to swap Transmissions and today I realized that transmission has a different Vin then my cars it's from an 02 ex my motor is from an 03 ex anyways I found a transmission from and 04 lx for 375 or I can get a used jdm Trans for 325 will a Jdm transmission work? Can't seem to find to much info about it botj are lower milage
Old 11-06-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mismatched car transmission help

The 17 digit VIN is unique to each car so the VIN tag on an engine or trans from any other car will never match the VIN of your car, and it doesn't matter anyway..... other than you might be able to use it to find out some more details on the car it came out of if you need to.

The trans type needs to match.
Some people pull their hair out after swapping BMXA with SLXA (or vise-versa) because they aren't exactly the same, you can google and find threads about it.

IMO the newer model year is usually preferable, and lower mileage is usually preferable.
Old 11-07-2016
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

It is manual or automatic?
I have a manual sedan and put a coupe tranny in it with no problems.
Old 11-08-2016
Registered!!

It's an automatic wish it was the manual maybe I wouldn't be having issues then. Another question does anyone know what line is the return line? I would like to install and inline filter once I get the new transmission put in everything will be flushed but I still want to be safe
Old 11-08-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

On the radiator, the filter would go in the line that comes from the drivers side cooler fitting. (A Honda reman comes with a filter kit that is installed in that line, to protect the new trans from any leftover debris that may come out of the original cooler)

As long as you don't cross up the rubber hoses on the trans pipes, that is.
Old 11-11-2016
Registered!!

Somehow I got the transmission out without dropping the tsubframe sure can't get it back in but should be up and running by tomorrow night have work today. Here's hoping everything goes as planned and works good for a while tired of fixing car haha thank you for all your help