7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2002 SI - Installation of new glass in passenger side rear view mirror

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Philip54 is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 SI - Installation of new glass in passenger side rear view mirror

Could somebody kindly provide instructions on how to install the new glass?
Thanks
Old 10-19-2016
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2002 SI - Installation of new glass in passenger side rear view mirror

Assuming nothing is broken. There should be 2 plastic hooks molded into the plastic on the backside (towards front of car) of the mirror glass. Slide those hooks into the slots they fit into and then press the glass into the locking tabs.

There is another style that honda also used that had 1 large round tab in the middle of the back side of the glass and 2 little round tabs that attached to the motors. This style just pushes onto the 3 tabs.
Old 10-20-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mcnoople
Assuming nothing is broken. There should be 2 plastic hooks molded into the plastic on the backside (towards front of car) of the mirror glass. Slide those hooks into the slots they fit into and then press the glass into the locking tabs.

There is another style that honda also used that had 1 large round tab in the middle of the back side of the glass and 2 little round tabs that attached to the motors. This style just pushes onto the 3 tabs.
Thanks for your reply. I have not been able to match the style of my mirror with any of the styles that you described. Perhaps there has been damage on the motors? I attach 2 pictures: one of the mirror without the glass, the other of the backside of the broken mirror (the one I am replacing). I have not been able to re-install the broken mirror. I was trying to do that to figure out how to install the replacement mirror that has not yet been delivered. Thanks for any additional comments you may have.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mirror Photos.pdf (211.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-20-2016
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

This may help a bit more:

The Odyssey I had had a different style where you tilted the top of the mirror glass forward at the top and used a shop-rag wrapped blade screwdriver to pry at the bottom to release the plastic hooks from the mirror base. This does not look like the same style as the Civic.
Old 10-20-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by NDNV
This may help a bit more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApJZwOPM1k0

The Odyssey I had had a different style where you tilted the top of the mirror glass forward at the top and used a shop-rag wrapped blade screwdriver to pry at the bottom to release the plastic hooks from the mirror base. This does not look like the same style as the Civic.
Many thanks for your help!