7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I have two questions: detailing and conversion...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trellex is an unknown quantity at this point
I have two questions: detailing and conversion...

First, the detailing question:
I can't find a good way to clean the interior brake light on the rear window. Are there any tricks you guys have or tools you McGuyver'd? Do I just have to take apart the rear structure to get at that little area? ANYTHING will help.

Secondly, the conversion:
I first bought a 2004 Civic, and loved the entire look of it - rear and front lights. I got in a car accident though, and the 04 was written off. With the insurance money, I then bought a 01 Civic, with the older looking front and rear lights.

Now, is there anyway to convert the front headlights and front bumper from my 01 to the 04 look? Please, any information will be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-26-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I have two questions: detailing and conversion...

It's actually rather easy to remove the rear deck. Here's the DIY guide. It does require the removal of quite a bit of interior, but it's really easy to do.

As for converting to an 04-05 front end, you'd need fenders, hood, bumper, headlights, and (if I remember correctly) the upper radiator support.
Old 03-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pier7866 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trellex
First, the detailing question:
I can't find a good way to clean the interior brake light on the rear window. Are there any tricks you guys have or tools you McGuyver'd? Do I just have to take apart the rear structure to get at that little area? ANYTHING will help.

Secondly, the conversion:
I first bought a 2004 Civic, and loved the entire look of it - rear and front lights. I got in a car accident though, and the 04 was written off. With the insurance money, I then bought a 01 Civic, with the older looking front and rear lights.

Now, is there anyway to convert the front headlights and front bumper from my 01 to the 04 look? Please, any information will be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

If you want to convert the front end to 04 05 civic on your 2001 civic than you will need not only headlights, but front bumper, hood and the both fenders as well. As 2001 Honda civic fenders won't accommodate the 04 05 head lights. Also you will need the headlight sockets for 04 05 as well to do the proper conversion. I am sure the parts shouldn't be an issue but to match the paint that is where you gonna spend some $s. Hope this help.
Old 03-28-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

^forgot about headlight connectors. Our you can jerry rig an h4 to split 9005/9006 conversion yourself. I know autozone sells 9005/9006 male plugs, and it's not hard to find male h4 plugs