7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Starting my project car

Old 02-04-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trellex is an unknown quantity at this point
Starting my project car

I've had me EM2 for a few years now as a good DD, doing my own thing with maintenance and some other small work on it. For years, I've been talking about how I want to make my car something more, something that's my own personal beast.

I've finally decided to take the first step in a three part stages that I've concocted. Stage one is suspension and braking, stage two is engine swap and that whole system and the final stage is body work and detailing.

If you have any suggestions in regards to that order or even in certain stages, please feel free to criticize. But, I will ask some question in different posts regarding each phase as I start it or start researching it.

But I'm really here to start asking questions about the first phase: Suspension and braking. I plan on replacing the control arms, coilovers, sway bars and completely replace the braking system. Is there anything else you guys would recommend that I should do while I'm in this certain phase? Would you recommend changing any other parts like steering, CV joins, etc? Are there any recommendations you would recommend for parts?

Just for clarification about the car - it's sitting just shy of 190xxxkm - just so you know in terms of 'stuff to replace while I'm already down there." In terms of how I want the car to feel - I'm looking to keep it very stable/rigid on the road, perhaps almost track worthy. That's my first desire, but I also would like it to be able to take bumps on the road, but I fully understand that could be a trade off. I've heard you could buy coilovers on the higher-end that can cater to both kinds of driving due to customization. Is this true?

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to get your guys input before I started researching and figuring out what part i wanted where. Thanks in advance for any criticism or comments you might have! Cheers!
Old 02-06-2016
Registered!!

trellex is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Starting my project car

Anyone?
Old 02-07-2016
Registered!!

Shake-N-Bake is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Starting my project car

Originally Posted by trellex
Anyone?
Suspension is a good place to start even tho ive always done the engine swap first lol
Function and form type 2 coilovers are good.
Do you know what kind of engine swap you wanna do?