7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

2005 Civic VP Windows don't work

Old 01-14-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryan Landek is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 Civic VP Windows don't work

Hello!

I'm the owner of a 2005 Civic VP. About 8-9 months ago, my power door locks would "lock" randomly, especially when I would hit bumps. After about a month of this, they stopped working entirely. This is just my commuter car so I really only use the driver-side door. So...whatever...I just locked the other 3 doors and lock the driver-side manually when I get in or out. I eventually opened up the door panel and looked around. But I didn't see anything obvious. I removed the rod connecting the lock to the actuator so it would be easier to lock manually.

A few months later, a kid hit my driver-side door when my car was parked in the street. He was backing out of a driveway across the street. The door was repaired. A month later, all the power windows stopped working. The weird thing is when I turn on the headlights, the window buttons still light up so SOME electricity is getting to it.

I've checked all the fuses. I brought it over to the dealership. They did the same. They said since it is "aftermarket parts" they can't fix it without significant costs. I argued that those parts were installed by the dealership as part of the value package but they just gave me the bush-off. They said bring it back to the shop that installed it. I said, "the dealership did!" *shrug*

At any rate, I've taken the door panel off again. I got under the dash. There are wires and electrical tape everywhere. I got a wiring diagram but none of the wire colors match. I assume this is because of the "aftermarketness" of it all.

It doesn't intimidate me to test wires and such. I replaced the radio myself. I have a few ohmmeters. I do electrical work in my house. But I don't have a diagram to go off of so I am just groping in the dark.

Does anyone have any advice? Any resource I can reference? I'm guessing a broken wire. Do I just disconnect everything in the door and pull the whole lot out and test?

Thanks for reading!

Search this Thread