7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Best brake pads and engine mounts

Old 01-05-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nalmonte is an unknown quantity at this point
Best brake pads and engine mounts

Happy New Years everyone,

I need a little help I need to change my brake pads but I'm not sure what are the best brake pads to buy for every day driving in NYC.

I also need help picking out the best engine mounts.

I have a 2001 Honda Civic ex coupe.

Any help would be helpful.
Old 01-05-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Best brake pads and engine mounts

Define best
Old 01-06-2016
Registered!!

I guess by best I mean the best for the value.
Old 01-06-2016
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

If you want them to last almost as long as original, bite the bullet and go OEM. May get a little better deal mail order if it's big enough. I use College. I always take advantage of their Black Friday free shipping since I service mine and the grand kids Hondas
Old 01-06-2016
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

best pads for daily driving is hawk HPS best mounts are OEM or KYB.
Old 01-06-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Best stopping?
Best lasting?
Best price?
Best dust?

Too many bests...

Some stops better but will dust and you clear wheels often, don't last as long and will wear rotors more.

Some will last a lifetime but will not stop, etc, etc...
Old 01-14-2016
Registered!!

Thanks for all the replies,
I was looking for the best overall. But I will look into the one pointed out in past post.
Old 01-14-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

"best" as far as brake pads is quite subjective. What's best for one person may not be the best for another. That's pretty much been mentioned in other posts. For instance, many people rant and rave about the Hawk HPS brake pads, especially about their stopping power. However, I've heard they can be loud and dusty. I personally have Hawk performance ceramics. They (supposedly) don't brake quite as well as the HPS pads, but they fade less, low(er) dust, and are quiet.

Same goes for motor mounts. Some may like stiff motor mounts like direct replacement polyurethane mounts. Specifically, people that like to track and race their cars. Less engine flex means more power transmitted to the tires. In turn, better performance. However, they're stiff, compared to stock rubber mounts which are prone to degradation over time. Stiff engine mounts means you'll feel the vibration a whole hell of a lot more and may yield an uncomfortable ride for daily driving use. If you just need new motor mounts because of the aforementioned motor mount degradation, I'd recommend taking a look at this thread for DIY polyurethane motor mounts. Unfortunately, looks like the pics no longer work. My motor mounts were completely FUBAR, and I fixed them using that guide. I opted for the softer flexane 80 as opposed to the 94 that CrewChief used. Definitely stiffer than OEM, but I like them.

Hope that explains why everyone kinda went, "eh... what do you really want...?" in this thread.
Old 01-22-2016
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

the hawk hps are louder and dirtier but they have the best stopping performance that won't ruin your rotors.