7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sailorman3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Keyless Entry

I lost my keys last week and was left with only the valet key. Went to the dealer to get a new one cut and found out it would be about $200 after programming. Oppted for just a cheap door and trunk key ($2) and was able to drive the car as well as get into the trunk now. My keys turned up. They were lost in the city depot yard where I work and were plowed up with snow and the keyless entry remote is broken apart. The key still works so that's a plus. Can I go to a scrapyard and get another remote for a 2005 civic and program that myself or do I have to get a dealer replacement?
Old 12-26-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Keyless Entry

You can get a remote wherever you can find one, and if it is correct for the type of car it's a simple DIY to program it.
Old 12-26-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sailorman3 is an unknown quantity at this point

When you say correct for the car, does that mean it looks exactly like the one for the car or does it have to have the exact same number on the back. Also where would I get the programming instructions. Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-26-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

When you say correct for the car, does that mean it looks exactly like the one for the car or does it have to have the exact same number on the back.
I meant Honda used many remotes that appear quite similar but are not all alike.
If you get the wrong one, even though it may look the same, it may not program to the car.

A Civic with factory installed keyless used a different fob part number than one that had a dealer installed keyless.

Take a look at this OLD bulletin, see how many fobs look similar to each other: (Honda bulletin 98-011 PDF LINK)

NOTE this bulletin has an incorrect part number for Civics, I could not locate the newer version of it. Also, this bulletin stopped at 2004 model year.

Also where would I get the programming instructions.
Get it from Google, the breakfast of champions.

freeremoteinstructions.com/