7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Who has the most miles on their 7th Gen Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
old car fan has a spectacular aura aboutold car fan has a spectacular aura about
Who has the most miles on their 7th Gen Civic?

I'm try to get a feel for how many miles can you get out of one of these cars. Please include what transmission and engine (D17A1, etc) you have and any major repairs were necessary.
I haven't seen many with over 150k for sale. I'm interested in knowing if indeed this model can excede 200k without too much issue.
Thanks!
Old 11-20-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who has the most miles on their 7th Gen Civic?

They sure can.
Since we have been doing all those airbag recalls we get to see a whole lot of cars that would never be at the dealer for any other reason.

I'm in the rust belt, I've seen several 01-05 Civics showing 300k and higher.......(and most of those LOOK like they have that many miles LOL).

I sure can't tell you how many repairs it took for them to reach that many miles though.

Most are auto trans cars, we seem to have very few manuals here.
Old 11-20-2015
Registered!!

MassCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

2005 EX automatic (D17A2): 213,000 and counting
No trans issues
Did head gasket once, timing belt, etc.
Just replaced the original ball joints after 200k
Still running on original rear drums/shoes lol
Done lots of other stuff in it but mostly routine wear and tear stuff. Have not been dissatisfied with the life of anything major.
I will also add that this car has lived its entire life ungaraged in New England and has seen lots of winter weather and road salt but you would never know it, there is almost no rust whatsoever and the underbody looks like new when I wash it.
Old 11-21-2015
Registered!!

Cadwallader is an unknown quantity at this point

2004 Si hatchback (K20A3) manual, 361,000 and still going
No transmission issues
Original clutch
Original headgasket
Original exhaust
Original struts
First mechanical failure was a wheel bearing around 70k (covered under the extended warranty)
Oil pan gasket leak around 180k and when I tore it down for the repair i replaced the control arm bushings, ball joints and outer tie rods
Several brake pads, rotor replacements (front twice, rears once)
Several sets of tires (Goodyear Eagle GTs were the best on this car with the tire wear from the stock negative camber on the rears, owned 2 sets so far)
O2 sensors both replaced, failed around 20k of each other, downstream went first
Driver side window regulator went bad so that was replaced
Driver side lock actuator went bad so that was replaced
Wore out the door lock itself, ordered a replacement from Honda, should be here this week
Timing chain went bad at 357,000 and due to time constraints I had to drive my truck for the summer and when I finally replaced it the Idle Air control valve was gummed up, tried to clean it but there was corrosion on the mating surface so I just replaced it instead of fighting with it.

maintenance
- oil changes every 3500-4000 miles
- followed the recommended tune ups and fluid replacements in the owners manual
- valve adjustments every 60k or so
- bone stock car, never altered anything on it and use mostly Honda OEM parts
- fix things when they go bad rather than wait and let them build up
- Hoping to get 500k out of the car

still looks pretty good aside from some minor hail damage and some surface rust from all of the rock spray that the front end sees as a daily driver in Minnesota. (garaged only the first 3 years) No rust holes or wheel well rust issues.

I have owned the car since I picked it up from the dealer with 23 miles on the odometer.

i would buy another of this exact car in a heartbeat.
Old 11-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

i will click over 300,000 km soon

auto tranny,

the only things i have had to do other then general maintanance are both front wheel bearings and one LCA bushing
Old 11-21-2015
Registered!!

bsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nice

Originally Posted by mikey1
i will click over 300,000 km soon

auto tranny,

the only things i have had to do other then general maintanance are both front wheel bearings and one LCA bushing
Have you rebuilt or replaced your tranny?

The Toyota Nation forums swear by an ATF additive, Lubegard. It says its approved by all manufacturers.

Name:  IMG_20151008_222713_zpsbl4ege5p.jpg
Views: 3963
Size:  188.7 KB
Old 11-21-2015
Registered!!

bsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nice

2001 LX 5-MT 176K miles.

Second owner.
I believe its the original clutch and HG.

I bought it in Apr 2014 and I've done a bunch of small jobs. Control arms, ball joints, end links, front struts, wheel bearings, a CV axle, clutch master & slave, front rotors, pads, rear shoes.
Thermostat, temp sensor, cam shaft TDC sensor.

I plan on keeping the car. I see no reason to sell it right now. Later I replace it with a 8th gen 5-MT, just depends when a good deal pops up.
Old 11-21-2015
Registered!!

mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bsmiley
Have you rebuilt or replaced your tranny?
no,

my tranny still shifts like the day i bought it brand new,

i have only done drain and fills with OEM honda fluid,

i am old school, i do not believe in the use of engine oil or tranny fluid additives,

i am not going to try to fix what isn't broken
Old 11-21-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsmiley
It says its approved by all manufacturers.
What manufacturers?
(Other than the one who makes and sells Lubeguard)

List please.
Old 11-21-2015
Registered!!

Pier7866 is an unknown quantity at this point

2001 Honda civic 4DR 210,000 miles change auto tranny thru dealer, did 2nd timing belt thru dealer about 2 months ago. All genuine parts runs like a champ most accessories installed genuine, Full HFP body kit, Full HFP suspension genuine, HFP 16" alloy wheels (2 sets one for winter, one for summer), HFP genuine chrome performance muffler, rear disc conversion, with drill & slotted brake rotors, complete black leather interior with heated front seats, GPS Navigation system (Pioneer AVIC D3), recently done and completed 04 05 Acura EL rear end conversion everything was bought brand new from Ontario Canada Acura Dealer.
Old 11-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

04 vp automatic 173,000 miles on original trans with proper maintenance. don't use any transmission additives only OEM honda fluid.
Old 11-22-2015
Registered!!

old car fan has a spectacular aura aboutold car fan has a spectacular aura about

I guess I've been unlucky. My automatic transmission final drive bearings are making noise at 97K miles. I was wanting to see how much longer everything else such as the engine should last.
Old 11-22-2015
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Too cool. Nothing to add since it would take 3 of my vehicles to add up to one of you guys. Typical tin man had to jump in with a witches brew...
Old 11-23-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

i think we had a member some years ago at 200+ k and still on the original head gasket and auto trans... Hopefully he is still going strong, if he does, it will be a record setting one...
Old 11-23-2015
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

205,000 miles. 2nd engine, about to drop in my 3rd (Stage 1, 2 and 3 D17/18s). Three tranny rebuilds. Quaife LSD installed on the last rebuild, with Synchrotech Carbon Lined Synchros. All bushings swapped to poly. Three LCA swaps, broke the second set (only person ever to break a set of Function 7 LCAs driving). Three rear trailing arm changes. Three rear camber arms. Too many suspension changes to count, really. Latest coilover setup is TEIN Flex, soon to be replace by Ohlins. Brakes pads and rotors changed 1/2 dozen times. Latest setup is Wilwood 6 Pot Front / and Single rear. Replaced every sensor, at least once. All bolts and fasteners are now stainless. Three alternators. Fuel pump, injectors, rail, coil packs, EGR, PCV, hoses have been changed. Motor mounts twice. Timing belt/tensioner/water pump three times. Clutch and Flywheel three times. Master Cylinder four times. Slave Cylinder 5 times. Shifter cables once. Shifter soon to be twice, next up is K-Tuned Pro Shifter. Hub/Bearings twice. On and on...

The sun visors are still original.
Old 11-23-2015

Originally Posted by maxtierney
205,000 miles. 2nd engine, about to drop in my 3rd (Stage 1, 2 and 3 D17/18s). Three tranny rebuilds. Quaife LSD installed on the last rebuild, with Synchrotech Carbon Lined Synchros. All bushings swapped to poly. Three LCA swaps, broke the second set (only person ever to break a set of Function 7 LCAs driving). Three rear trailing arm changes. Three rear camber arms. Too many suspension changes to count, really. Latest coilover setup is TEIN Flex, soon to be replace by Ohlins. Brakes pads and rotors changed 1/2 dozen times. Latest setup is Wilwood 6 Pot Front / and Single rear. Replaced every sensor, at least once. All bolts and fasteners are now stainless. Three alternators. Fuel pump, injectors, rail, coil packs, EGR, PCV, hoses have been changed. Motor mounts twice. Timing belt/tensioner/water pump three times. Clutch and Flywheel three times. Master Cylinder four times. Slave Cylinder 5 times. Shifter cables once. Shifter soon to be twice, next up is K-Tuned Pro Shifter. Hub/Bearings twice. On and on...

Only driven to church on Sundays....
Old 11-23-2015
Registered!!

On and on...

Ha ha, the sun visors! That's great. Getting your money's worth out of the parts!

I'm the second owner so I don't know for sure, but my alternator looks original, as does most of the parts. I've replaced a bunch of stuff, control, arms upstream O2, headliner ... but if it isn't broke I'm not throwing $$ at it.

My floor mats & visors are original for sure. My seats too, but they're still firm and supportive after 15 yrs.
Old 11-23-2015
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ezone
Only driven to church on Sundays....
You got me.
Old 11-23-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

?!? Max?!? Yer at 200+ and yer civic looks the newer of all of ours?!? (Naturally, since most of it have been replaced at this point... )
Old 11-23-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

My 02 is at 170,000km

But the highest I've seen at my shop was an auto somewhere past 300,000km. ...it had some pretty good leaks going but was still running strong.
Old 11-23-2015
EM2ti

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
?!? Max?!? Yer at 200+ and yer civic looks the newer of all of ours?!? (Naturally, since most of it have been replaced at this point... )
And then some. LOL. Doesn't hurt, that I paint my car every year and replace broken parts before they have a chance to get old.
Old 11-23-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Max ^

like a bozzz!
Old 11-24-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

And then some. LOL. Doesn't hurt, that I paint my car every year and replace broken parts before they have a chance to get old.
you mean you try to (I remember a few )

OK, after posting so much, i should at the least post mine, although mileage is not too high.

117k right now
Major ones are:
1) Clutch - using stage 1 (did not really need it, though, stock could handle... Just replaced because of the other major one - why not while trans was out?)
2) Trans rebuilt - might have been my poor suspension setup that spun needlessly the wheels in autoX, but had to rebuild it. Did not have a garage at the time, so a shop did it. Synchros. rear seals done at the time too.
3) head gasket, so did the timing belt/every thing else that would be easy to do since i was there already.
4) front wheel bearing (major, since it need remove the knuckle/press out/in. Ball joint was done at same time too.

other than that, just the regular ones and some cosmetic ones.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 11-24-2015 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-24-2015
Registered!!

i think we had a member some years ago at 200+ k and still on the original head gasket and auto trans
that's me

well a bit short on the 200+k (if you mean miles)
Old 11-24-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by mikey1
that's me

well a bit short on the 200+k (if you mean miles)
was it? i thought i saw that guy in 2010, when i was still in canada, it was above 200 k miles and still going strong

how long you ran with the original HG? it's another record then if it was just short of 200k miles
Old 11-24-2015
Registered!!

was it? i thought i saw that guy in 2010, when i was still in canada, it was above 200 k miles and still going strong

how long you ran with the original HG? it's another record then if it was just short of 200k miles
it was not me, i was just kidding, but i am pretty close to that,

i bought my 2005 brand new, still original auto tranny and head gasket running strong, i will click over the 300,000km mark very soon
Old 11-24-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Hahaha, fair enough, good numbers there too
Old 11-24-2015

We had a customer who had an 05 automatic, it had 250k miles on it when she traded it in on a 10 Civic. Original head gasket and trans.

Have not seen that car since, so no telling what it's got on it now or what's been done to it.
Old 11-24-2015
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Maxtierney is doing a lot better then me..I had to repair my visors
Old 11-24-2015
EM2ti

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
Maxtierney is doing a lot better then me..I had to repair my visors
LOL

Quick Reply: Who has the most miles on their 7th Gen Civic?