7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

How Low Should I Drop?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tedverseti is an unknown quantity at this point
How Low Should I Drop?

Hey guys, I'm saving up the last few dollars needed before I drop my Civic. I have an '03 ES2. I'm going with Koni Yellow Struts, Ground Control Coilover sleeves, K-Sport rear camber kit, Ingallis front camber bolts & 17x7.5 Koing Torch in black (I know, I know, budgeting on wheels RN) wrapped in Nito Neogen tires (215/45/17). I hate the "big wheel, moderate drop, still looks shitty" set up that I see when most people go 17 inches. I would go 16, but I just can't find any good looking 16s within my budget. How low can/should I drop my Civic to get a nice clean stance on 17 in wheels? I was thinking 2 inches all the way around (fender roll possibly if that low?).
Also, I'll be doing the install myself, but I know I have to tow it to a shop to be aligned, so: should I put on the new suspension set up AND the front/rear camber parts, then tow it to be adjusted, or should I just install the suspension and let the shop do both the install and adjustment on the camber parts?
Thanks!
Old 09-28-2015
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: How Low Should I Drop?

I'm dropped 2.6" front /2.4" rear. On TEIN Flex, 17x8s, +38 offset and 225/45/17s. I'm not sure if that's considered a "nice, clean stance" or not. I prefer the "meaty fitment", because I actually track my car.

I would install the rear camber arms (at maybe 3/4 of the way dialed in to ensure clearance) / drop the car / let it settle / adjust if necessary. I'd have the alignment shop install the camber bolts (unless you've done it before). Most people screw it up. Trust me on this. What's your offset? Unless you're running a really low offset (below 30s), you shouldn't have any rubbing issues, if you drive to a shop.

Good Luck.
Old 09-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tedverseti is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maxtierney
I'm dropped 2.6" front /2.4" rear. On TEIN Flex, 17x8s, +38 offset and 225/45/17s. I'm not sure if that's considered a "nice, clean stance" or not. I prefer the "meaty fitment", because I actually track my car.

I would install the rear camber arms (at maybe 3/4 of the way dialed in to ensure clearance) / drop the car / let it settle / adjust if necessary. I'd have the alignment shop install the camber bolts (unless you've done it before). Most people screw it up. Trust me on this. What's your offset? Unless you're running a really low offset (below 30s), you shouldn't have any rubbing issues, if you drive to a shop.

Good Luck.
Thanks dude! I love your fitment, that's the look I'm going for with mine. My car is more so for looks, so I'll probably go a tab bit lower and tuck. My offset is 42. The closest shop is literally down the street from my house, so I should be good driving it there. I appreciate you so much.
Old 09-29-2015
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

No problem/thanks. Looking forward to seeing your drop. Post some pics.