7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

how to remove emblems temporarily?

Old 07-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greenbackz is an unknown quantity at this point
how to remove emblems temporarily?

i've been thinking of removing the honda logo on the back and front of my car, plastidip them and then put them back on. any idea how to do that? (the removal and reinstalling, not the actual plastidip process lol)
Old 07-28-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: how to remove emblems temporarily?

Removal of the back one is best done with fishing wire and a heat gun (or hot day in the sun). Use the fishing wire to cut through the adhesive. There are videos online.

Front is done in a similar fashion except there are retaining things on the back of the H. If you look behind it you should see them. Pop those off and then proceed.

You don't need to remove the emblems to plasti dip them though. It can be done without taping and with them on the car.
Old 07-29-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

When I "smoked" my emblems, I took them off using the fishing line method, then used Scotch Indoor/Outdoor Mounting Tape to reaffix them to my trunk. I used painter's tape to mark locations so I'd put them back in the stock locations.

GolNat's right though, you can plastidip them while still on the car. Spray plastidip, peel off what you didn't need to be dipped. The gap between the emblem and the trunk should be plenty to "cut" the plastidip properly
Old 07-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by GolNat
Removal of the back one is best done with fishing wire and a heat gun (or hot day in the sun). Use the fishing wire to cut through the adhesive. There are videos online.
I used floss to get mine off, didn't put them back on though.
Old 07-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greenbackz is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys. i might attempt just taping it off and plastidip without removing lol. Don't like how i would have to use mounting tape.. i could see that falling of eventually.
Old 07-29-2015
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I used that same tape about 2-3 years ago to put mine back on and it's still has a strong bond. Just wipe the matting surfaces with alcohol.

Originally Posted by drhawkinz
I used floss to get mine off, didn't put them back on though.
Lol, or floss works evidently.
Old 07-29-2015
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

The mounting tape is pretty hardcore. I'm in the same boat, put it on about 3 years ago with no issues. I believe it's the same tape they use to mount lip spoilers, side skirts, etc.
Old 07-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i thought the H emblems were held on by prongs not adhesive ???
Old 07-29-2015
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i thought the H emblems were held on by prongs not adhesive ???
Not the back one. I never took the front one off but I can see prongs on it and it feels like its glued down.
Old 07-30-2015
Administrator
Administrator

it's held on by both. Prongs protrude into the trunk, adhesive secures it