7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Ordered lights from Majestic Honda... box was resealed, why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
h4ldol is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Ordered lights from Majestic Honda... box was resealed, why?

A while back I ordered some '04-05 tail lights for my '02 Civic EM2. I noticed that the boxes were both resealed after having clearly been opened already. What would the possible reason for this be? The lights looked okay as far as I could tell, but it did seem odd. I don't the lights come with any other parts that would have been taken out and sold separately (e.g. parting out a kit), so do you think it was a previous returned item from a customer that they resold to me? It wasn't a good feeling at all, and the first time after ordering tons of oem parts from various dealers around the country (online) that I got a factory sealed box that had been opened and resealed. First time ordering from Majestic though.
Old 07-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ordered lights from Majestic Honda... box was resealed, why?

Originally Posted by h4ldol
do you think it was a previous returned item from a customer that they resold to me?
yes.......
Old 07-23-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Probably opened to inspect for damage prior to shipping it to you, to ensure they weren't sending you something already broken.
Old 07-23-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Probably opened to inspect for damage prior to shipping it to you, to ensure they weren't sending you something already broken.

I don't know, I'm more inclined to agree with mikey1.

I've ordered plenty of parts from Honda and Toyota dealers, including two pairs of headlights and one pair of taillights, and never saw a box that had been opened and then resealed. I don't know what kind of protective packaging Honda uses if at all, but I would have expected there to be some type of film or wrapping on the lights but there wasn't any, it was just a light sitting in each box (cushioned lightly by cardboard cutouts). If Majestic was worried about items not being broken/damaged, I would have thought they would wrap the lights in some bubble wrap for good measure considering how little protection there was in the actual box.

It was definitely fishy and I know I won't use Majestic Honda again in the future.
Old 07-23-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Are they damaged?

So if someone returns a part they should throw it away? Sell it at a discount price? It's still a new working part.

I have ordered many parts from them and have never had any issues.
Old 07-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

It was definitely fishy and I know I won't use Majestic Honda again in the future.
If the product isn't damaged, shows signs of use, or missing parts then what does it matter??

You remind me of this woman I sold a camera to when I worked retail. She asked me to open a "new in a box" camera so she could see it in person. After she saw it and liked it, she asked for one that was still in a box to purchase. She didn't want the brand new one I had just opened in front of her face.
Old 07-23-2015
Registered!!

mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by drhawkinz

You remind me of this woman I sold a camera to when I worked retail. She asked me to open a "new in a box" camera so she could see it in person. After she saw it and liked it, she asked for one that was still in a box to purchase. She didn't want the brand new one I had just opened in front of her face.
Old 07-24-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Are they damaged?

So if someone returns a part they should throw it away? Sell it at a discount price? It's still a new working part.

That's fine if you and others don't mind paying full price for a "new" part and then find out that it was likely a customer return that was resealed, but I know I don't find that okay. If I buy an iPad or a laptop or TV I know I wouldn't be okay paying full price expecting a new, unopened item straight from the factory and finding out that it's a return. I suspect most people wouldn't be and anything else is really just rationalization. And that example by the guy after you is just retarded.
Old 07-24-2015
Registered!!

That's fine if you and others don't mind paying full price for a "new" part and then find out that it was likely a customer return that was resealed, but I know I don't find that okay. If I buy an iPad or a laptop or TV I know I wouldn't be okay paying full price expecting a new, unopened item straight from the factory and finding out that it's a return. I suspect most people wouldn't be and anything else is really just rationalization. And that example by the guy after you is just retarded.
i agree with you,

i shop at a local computer store quite often, on some parts they have returned "open boxes" (re-sealed) for 10% off the regular price, but i still choose to pay the full price to get a new unopened box
Old 07-24-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mikey1
i agree with you,

i shop at a local computer store quite often, on some parts they have returned "open boxes" (re-sealed) for 10% off the regular price, but i still choose to pay the full price to get a new unopened box

Right, it's not a problem if they disclose that the item is an open box or customer return. Then I would simply choose another vendor who doesn't do that. But don't sell me a return or opened item and pass it off as brand new, unopened, never used. Shady business practice, and probably technically illegal.

Last edited by h4ldol; 07-24-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-24-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

They could of just as easily put a returned item into a new box and sent it to you and you would have no idea. You would think you received a new item because it's not damaged or missing parts and would say that Majestic is a reputable company instead of a shady business.

Unless you work there you don't know if it's intentional misrepresentation, accidental misrepresentation, if the part came in a beat up box so they moved it to a better looking box, if it was sold and then returned, if it was sold, installed and then returned, etc etc etc

If it still looks brand new and isn't missing any parts, then why has the price depreciated?
Old 07-24-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Why not call Majestic and ask them.
It's only some perfectly good unadulterated taillights that were shipped in somewhat questionable(?) boxes......

It's not like someone removed the tape from the hotel toilet seat that says it was 'sanitized for your protection'.

It's not like you bought some bottles of Tylenol that had been tampered with.
Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Tylenol_murders
Old 07-24-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Why not call Majestic and ask them.
It's only some perfectly good unadulterated taillights that were shipped in somewhat questionable(?) boxes......

It's not like someone removed the tape from the hotel toilet seat that says it was 'sanitized for your protection'.

It's not like you bought some bottles of Tylenol that had been tampered with.
Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Tylenol_murders
It's simple. If you buy a computer or cell phone or tablet are you fine if the box has been opened by the seller and resealed and sold to you as new? Same idea. If your "new" iPad works just fine but was in an opened box and resealed, then why complain, right? You buy a TV from Amazon and it's in a resealed box, no problem, right?

Nice to see people stick up for their favorite Honda parts seller but in any case, I think it's shady because I've been buying Honda and Toyota parts for years from dealers all around the country and never had this happen. I know I don't plan on using Majestic again but power to you if you don't care.
Old 07-24-2015

It's simple. If you buy a computer or cell phone or tablet are you fine if the box has been opened by the seller and resealed and sold to you as new? Same idea. If your "new" iPad works just fine but was in an opened box and resealed, then why complain, right? You buy a TV from Amazon and it's in a resealed box, no problem, right?
You didn't buy consumer electronics from them.

You bought taillights.

Nice to see people stick up for their favorite Honda parts seller but in any case, I think it's shady because I've been buying Honda and Toyota parts for years from dealers all around the country and never had this happen. I know I don't plan on using Majestic again but power to you if you don't care.
What did they have to say when you called and asked about selling you parts that were already opened?
Old 07-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OptimisticWay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
Same here. I have ordered hundreds of dollars worth of parts from them for over 10 ten years and I can swear to never having a problem with any part that I ordered from Majestic Honda. I am only loyal to them because they are the cheapest parts supplier of OEM Honda parts. The second I find it cheaper somewhere else, I've already forgotten their name.
Old 07-25-2015
Registered!!

I agree with you about the open box if indeed that is what happened.

What I don't agree with is you flaming them here on a forum for others to see without informing Majestic Honda about your experience and allowing them the chance to explain and/or make it right.

You need to complain to Majestic Honda first and allow them the opportunity to correct any misunderstanding that may have taken place before taking to the street and bad mouthing them.

How would you like it if you built a reputable company and you discover online one day that one of your recent customers decided to thrash your reputation on a forum over a misunderstanding or perhaps an accident from a newly trained employee or an employee that grabbed an open box in a rush unintentionally without addressing the issue first with your customer care center? I would venture to guess that you would not like this happening to you.

My advice to you, contact Majestic Honda directly over the phone and post the results of your experience here as a follow-up.
Old 07-25-2015
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

I agree. Don't do childish flaming or tin man act undermining competitors. Been a little different if it had been a electrical computer type part. Even I like getting them sealed. However, any problems should be dealt directly first with supplier. They will take care of you if you are polite. Probably even if you are not if it's a big one that is directly their fault.

If the parts worked no big deal. No need for flame. Check our sponsors first.. Majestic , College etc.. many others. Price match and save money if you have time and patients. Good old American way. They all are nearly always better $ value even with shipping compared to what my local dealer wants. Remember, free shipping on black Friday and certain other days. Sign up for their free email newsletter. And always compare shop.

Last edited by RIPSAW; 07-25-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-27-2015
Registered!!

I think it's a bit of a stretch to call it "flaming" but in any case I'm done with this thread. By the way, I encourage everyone to purchase Honda parts from Majestic Honda, #1 online OEM parts Honda dealer!
Old 07-27-2015
Registered!!

I think it's a bit of a stretch to call it "flaming" but in any case I'm done with this thread. By the way, I encourage everyone to purchase Honda parts from Majestic Honda, #1 online OEM parts Honda dealer!
How would you like it if you built a reputable company and you discover online one day that one of your recent customers decided to thrash your reputation on a forum over a misunderstanding or perhaps an accident from a newly trained employee or an employee that grabbed an open box in a rush unintentionally without addressing the issue first with your customer care center? I would venture to guess that you would not like this happening to you.

My advice to you, contact Majestic Honda directly over the phone and post the results of your experience here as a follow-up.

WHY DO YOU CHOOSE TO NOT CALL MAJESTIC HONDA YOURSELF? ALL THE TIME YOU HAVE SPENT HERE TALKING ABOUT IT AND IT COULD HAVE BEEN RESOLVED.
Old 07-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i buy all of my OEM honda parts from majestic honda never have i had any issue with them.