7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

2001 Honda Civic Air Conditioning Recharge

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BadgerBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2001 Honda Civic Air Conditioning Recharge

Hello,

My AC was really good. Then it started to blow warm air, and sometimes it would come back, but now it seems warm for good. So I figured I give recharging it a shot.

So I purchased the R134 can with the gauge, and attempted to do what I saw on several YouTube tutorials.

But when I placed the gauge on the low port, the needle went all the way into the red burying it on the right side.

None of the tutorials address what this would mean, so I didn't proceed further with trying to charge it up.

Am I doing something wrong? What does it mean when the needle buries itself in the red? What can I do?

Thanks in advance to any help anyone can give.
Old 06-29-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2001 Honda Civic Air Conditioning Recharge

So... you followed the instructions perfectly? I think those kits require the engine to be on and the A/C to be running full blast, so you should double-check.
Old 06-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BadgerBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Poopies, thanks for the response.

It's certainly possible I missed some step in the instructions, but I definitely had the AC and fan up all the way. That's something that was expressed both in the instructions that came with the can, and in multiple YouTube tutorials, so I did make sure to do that.
Old 06-29-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Maaaybe half of the AC problems in the cars are freon related.
The other half of the problems have nothing to do with freon.
(The ratio probably isn't actually 50/50, these cars have tons of little electrical issues with the AC.)

If yours sometimes quit then came back, that doesn't sound like a freon problem to me.