7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Greetings!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeffdp is an unknown quantity at this point
Greetings!

As a new civic owner I've spent the last week crawling all 198 pages of this forum, & just wanted to say it's been fascinating.

My last car was an 02 Neon without so much as power windows & I drove it for 8 years, so I expect to get a lot of use out of my 04 Canadian SI. I started out looking for an Acura EL but they're overpriced & the Civic I bought instead has everything I was looking for except the leather seats (which were cracked on every single EL I looked at), fog lights which I can do myself or live without, and the 6 speaker stereo.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get a proper sound system in there but it seems like only 5 1/4" speakers will fit in the doors and under the rear deck, so I'm taking my time & trying to come up with a good plan.

I got a great deal from a woman who just had a kid and didn't feel this car was big enough anymore & it's only got 160km on it so if I have to mess around trying to get things just right it's worth it.

One thing that has to go right away though is the tires. I don't mind the stock rims but they put General Evertrek tires on there & it's incredibly loud on the highway. If anyone has any tips on nice quiet solid tires I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers!
Old 06-18-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Greetings!

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have ya
Old 06-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alex_nyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Greetings!

are you in Canada? cause you'll need snow tires too!

This is not a great car for snow country!

get the maintenance history, its almost time for a timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, etc..

Best of Luck!